JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

What's wrong with my TV

(Topic created on: 12/8/20 8:43 AM)
Jack A
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs
I posted this on Sunday and one response didn't help. Can anybody else find a solution?20201206_170924.jpg

I know this is not the right board for my question, but nothing in the drop down menu mentions it.

Please move to proper board and advise me.

I have an older 32" Samsung TV, Model LN40B550K1F, that was given to me by my nephew. It works fine except for the problem outlined below. It didn'thave a remote so I ordered one. Right now I'm using a universal remote.

Here's my problem

While the TV is on, the bottom of the screen has a banner across it that displays for about 1 minute then goes away for about 1 minute then returns. It does this continually while it is on.

I've went through the entire menu trying various options to eliminate it without success.

Can anyone tell me why it is doing this and how to stop it?

If not, can someone give me a link to Samsung support?

Thank you.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SHADOWGATE
Supernova
Options
HD and UHD TVs
if the tv was reset, It might be set in Demo mode, displaying all of the attributes of the device for passers by if it was a floor model . hard to be sure though. I'd search for the tv model and see how Demo mode looks when running and make a comparison. If it is that there will be a certain button combination on the original remote that should set it into regular Hope that Helps

View solution in context

0 Likes
2 Replies
BuffaloSoldier
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs
87v
0 Likes
Solution
SHADOWGATE
Supernova
Options
HD and UHD TVs
if the tv was reset, It might be set in Demo mode, displaying all of the attributes of the device for passers by if it was a floor model . hard to be sure though. I'd search for the tv model and see how Demo mode looks when running and make a comparison. If it is that there will be a certain button combination on the original remote that should set it into regular Hope that Helps

View solution in context

0 Likes