Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
userTcKJEwLEJX
Asteroid

Series 7 TV keeps disconnecting from WiFi

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi all,

I have purchased a Series 7 TV that keeps disconnecting from the WiFi, none of the multiple devices I have at home give me any problems, except this TV.

I have noticed the following behavior, when I plug in the TV and switch it on, it connect automatically without problems, with the WiFi connection working fine until I go to sleep. The following day, the TV is unable to connect to the WiFi, I need to unplug it, plug it again and switch it on and it starts working fine again, until the following day. 

For a TV manufactured in 2019 and sold at $700, this is unacceptable. How do I solve it? 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Series 7 TV keeps disconnecting from WiFi

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please provide the full model code and current software version so that we can best assist. Have you tried changing the channel on the router? 

userTcKJEwLEJX
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi,

The model is the following Samsung UN65RU7100FXZA Flat 65'' 4K UHD 7 Series Smart TV (2019). 

I haven't changed the channel on the router because most of the other appliances I have would not work at 5 GHz. On the other hand 2.5 GHz is a standard so not sure why Samsung would not work with it, if that's the problem.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

2.4 GHz is the standard and it will work with the television if the signal is adequate.

Please go to Settings>Support>Contact Samsung and provide the current software version. 

userTcKJEwLEJX
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I don't have "contact SAMSUNG" but the "Software Update" section tells me that the current version is 1303. Does that help? 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you done a reset on the television?  Settings>Self Diagnostics>Reset

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userMVly4gLY0T
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a 2019 75inch 4k Samsung TV on firmware revision 1303 and since it has updated I lose my connection to the WiFi network constantly.

Who does QA at Samsung?

The only way I can get it to detect any SSID's is by doing a cold start from unplugging the device and replugging back in. It will then see the 100s of SSID's around my house including mine. It then reconnects just fine.

It's acting as if it's overheating but I doubt it the case...

Who does QA at Samsung? Please fire him/them.

This is unacceptable...

The issue is definitely a firmware one as detection of all SSID's is lost until a cold start is done.

userxJQWLhs1Yc
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I bought my Samsung UN65RU7200FXZA just over a month ago.  I did not have an issue keeping WiFi connection between days.  After upgrading to version 1303 firmware I have to unplug the TV for the WiFi to be able to connect to my wireless network.  No other reset or configuration changes will allow the TV to see my wireless network until I unplug it from power.  Turning it on and off does not fix it.  No other wireless devices in my home have this issue.  My vote is there is a bug in firmware version 1303.  It is too much of a coincidence.  This is extremely inconvenient to use internet services each day.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I can definitely understand the frustation. Does the unit drop  out intermittently while in use or does it just not connect to the wifi at all? 

How far away is the router from the telvision? 

We normally ask that you keep the router within at least 20 feet of the unit with a clear line of sight to prevent any signal disruption. This along with enviromental factors are usually the main cause of intermittent wifi connections. 

To help with connectivity you can try manually changing the DNS servers to be 8.8.8.8 or 4.2.2.1 This will allow the television to connect through a different path, and sometimes can help a lot of connectivity issues. 

To do this just go to Menu>Network>Network Status>Network Settings

If neither of the above help and it's continuing to do this, please try checking the network status when you experience this and let me know exactly what it shows there. 

user4yS0NiLJ4J
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same exact issue and Samsung call center says there’s basically nothing I can do about it.

I have always loved Samsung products.

i feel so burned this time.