JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung TV Will not connect to internet!

(Topic created: 07-02-2019 04:58 PM)
user1XgP8SQ2HN
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Samsung model UN55KU6600F

The WiFi has worked fine (with minor problems occasionally) until about a week ago now it will not connect.  It shows the 2 network names I currently use on my home network and have tried both at least 15 times.  The passwords ae entered correctly (event tried the WPS option 5 times) still it will not connect.  Any suggestions?

77 Replies
userOizVBZfou3
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I am having an issue getting my smart TV to connect to my wifi. It's been connected for the last 2 months and was connected at my last house with no issues. The firmware is up to date. It doesn't pull up any wireless networks

0 Likes
rickatk
Halo
Options
HD and UHD TVs

@userOizVBZfou3 wrote:

I am having an issue getting my smart TV to connect to my wifi. It's been connected for the last 2 months and was connected at my last house with no issues. The firmware is up to date. It doesn't pull up any wireless networks

Try rebooting your modem/ router then reset the network connections in the tv.

userNw1hdKaAv5
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I replaced an old router and my Smart Hub TV cannot establish a wireless connection.

i have tried a full reset, restarting all devices and unplugging everything and starting from scratch.

On the Menu I select Network and try to establish a connection...sometimes it runs for 30 seconds and then just goes back to Start.  If I shut the tv off and try again I may get so far as seeing the wireless network list flicker and disappear.  I have tried many hints offered online and nothing appears to work...any help is appreciated

Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
HD and UHD TVs

We are sorry to hear about this. Please send the model and serial numbers to this PM Link.

0 Likes
userTcKJEwLEJX
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Hi all,

I have purchased a Series 7 TV that keeps disconnecting from the WiFi, none of the multiple devices I have at home give me any problems, except this TV.

I have noticed the following behavior, when I plug in the TV and switch it on, it connect automatically without problems, with the WiFi connection working fine until I go to sleep. The following day, the TV is unable to connect to the WiFi, I need to unplug it, plug it again and switch it on and it starts working fine again, until the following day. 

For a TV manufactured in 2019 and sold at $700, this is unacceptable. How do I solve it? 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Please provide the full model code and current software version so that we can best assist. Have you tried changing the channel on the router? 

0 Likes
userTcKJEwLEJX
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Hi,

The model is the following Samsung UN65RU7100FXZA Flat 65'' 4K UHD 7 Series Smart TV (2019). 

I haven't changed the channel on the router because most of the other appliances I have would not work at 5 GHz. On the other hand 2.5 GHz is a standard so not sure why Samsung would not work with it, if that's the problem.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
HD and UHD TVs

2.4 GHz is the standard and it will work with the television if the signal is adequate.

Please go to Settings>Support>Contact Samsung and provide the current software version. 

userTcKJEwLEJX
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I don't have "contact SAMSUNG" but the "Software Update" section tells me that the current version is 1303. Does that help? 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Have you done a reset on the television?  Settings>Self Diagnostics>Reset

0 Likes