JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung TV Will not connect to internet!

(Topic created: 07-04-2019 09:26 AM)
user1XgP8SQ2HN
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Samsung model UN55KU6600F

The WiFi has worked fine (with minor problems occasionally) until about a week ago now it will not connect.  It shows the 2 network names I currently use on my home network and have tried both at least 15 times.  The passwords ae entered correctly (event tried the WPS option 5 times) still it will not connect.  Any suggestions?

77 Replies
FWIW
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I just got a long LAN cable and have attached it.  Not to see if the connection drops.  Will report back in a few days.

0 Likes
FWIW
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Update.  It works fine with a wired connection.  Netgear issued new firmware for my Orbi that corrected some dropped connections so I tried going back to wireless and the first night after that it dropped the connection.  Going back to wred worked fine.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Please send the serial number for the television to this PM Link.

0 Likes
abekon
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I have a UN55RU7100FXZA and every time I turn it off it loses the wifi connection and the only way to get it back is to reset the network settings, turn the TV off and then re-enter the WiFi info. It is currently running software version 1303 and says it is up to date. I am desperate to fix this as it is the only device in my house that is having this issue and none of my internet settings have changed.  Please help!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Have you tried a factory reset of the unit? How far is it from the router? 

0 Likes
abekon
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I have done a reset several times. Issue persists. It is about 5 feet away from the router. Never had any connection issues until about 2 weeks ago.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Does the issue occur if you use an Ethernet connection?

0 Likes
abekon
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I have not had an opportunity to try this yet as leaving a cable strung across the room would drive my wife nuts. I will give it a try if I can find a cable to use. 

Still doesn't make sense why it suddenly stopped working when no changes were made except perhaps the TV software update. 

0 Likes
userrdaiGNHNJg
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Just purchased a Samsumg UHD 4k TV.  RU7300 65" curved.  Having issues with the wifi not staying on, not with it disconnecting from my particular access point.  After powering off the TV overnight, the next day the tv loses its ability to see wireless networks, not just mine, all off them.  I only have the option to connect via the wps setting, which fails or enter the wifi network manually.  The only fix is to unplug the power and plug it back in, then it works fine for the day, even after you power it off for a hour or two.  The following day it's right back to square one, no wifi.  I work for a local internet supplier and I'm familiar with other Samsung TVs of older models doing the same thing, just didn't think it would affect the new model I purchased.  Don't know if there's much that can be done other than returning, unless there is a firmware update that works better.  Any help would be appreciated.

userYM4ShHoJLI
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I’ve purchased the same model television a few days ago and I’m having the exact same problem! I have two 2016 model Samsung’s (40 inch and 55 inch) that have never had this issue. 

I agree that it must be a software issue otherwise I assume WiFi would not function at all. 

*Here’s a tip in the mean time: Just hold down the RED power button on the remote control for at least 3 seconds and the TV will restart itself. It worked for me so you don’t have to physically keep unplugging the tv.