JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung TV Will not connect to internet!

(Topic created: 07-08-2019 05:55 PM)
user1XgP8SQ2HN
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Samsung model UN55KU6600F

The WiFi has worked fine (with minor problems occasionally) until about a week ago now it will not connect.  It shows the 2 network names I currently use on my home network and have tried both at least 15 times.  The passwords ae entered correctly (event tried the WPS option 5 times) still it will not connect.  Any suggestions?

77 Replies
userwCHTToP2cM
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I have been trying to connect my new tv to the WiFi and have been unable to do so. Initial start up connected but now no networks are available to choose, even though other devices are connected.

0 Likes
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
HD and UHD TVs

What is the full model code of the TV?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Samsung_1pDSJ3X
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Just install the tv app and there

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Installed TV 4 days ago and configured wifi at that time.  Now all of sudden it stopped connecting to our Wifi network.  It won't even see our SSID.  I've downloaded and attempted to install the latest firmware update via USB but the latest version is already on the TV.  I've also attempted to manually enter the network name and password 5 times with no success.

TV Info

TV Serial #: <Hidden>
TV Model #: UN75MU9000FXZA
Samsung - 65" Class - LED - 7 Series - 2160p - Smart - 4K UHD TV with HDR

Pretty darn frustrated...4 days in and already having problems with no answers on the support threads.  Please advise.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I pressed and held the power button on the remote for 3 seconds.  TV restarted and I was able then to see our network SSID, enter password and the TV is now connected to the Internet.  Can someone please advise if we'll have to do this every few days?  Our ISP is Verizon...is this happening b/c of our IP being dynamically generated/changed by Verizon?  I sure hope we won't have to continually do this.

Thank you

Samsung_Stephanie
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Typically if the IP is dynamic it is entirely possible that it can continue to lose the connection. Samsung recommends a static IP address for use with non-mobile devices and units, such as your television. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Samsung_wDKNVzC
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

A few days ago I purchased a Model No: UN75RU7100FXZA. When the TV is off for a few hours it loses the wifi signal. I can do a soft reset to get the wifi signal but this isn't really ideal to have to do each time I turn the TV on

Has anyone run into this issue?

Thank you!

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Have you tried changing the channel on the router? What is the current software version on the television? Are you connected to the 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz Wi-Fi band?

0 Likes
Samsung_wDKNVzC
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I'm running software version 1303 which I think is the latest and I'm on the 2.4 band on my router. I haven't tried change the channel on the router though. I'll look into it.

Thanks for your response!

0 Likes
Samsung_Stephanie
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Looks like version 1303.7 is the latest version as of June 12th 2019. Any change after testing a different channel on the router? Also is the IP address set to a Static IP, do you know?

0 Likes