JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung TV Will not connect to internet!

(Topic created: 07-09-2019 05:33 PM)
user1XgP8SQ2HN
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Samsung model UN55KU6600F

The WiFi has worked fine (with minor problems occasionally) until about a week ago now it will not connect.  It shows the 2 network names I currently use on my home network and have tried both at least 15 times.  The passwords ae entered correctly (event tried the WPS option 5 times) still it will not connect.  Any suggestions?

77 Replies
userMVly4gLY0T
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I have a 2019 75inch 4k Samsung TV on firmware revision 1303 and since it has updated I lose my connection to the WiFi network constantly.

Who does QA at Samsung?

The only way I can get it to detect any SSID's is by doing a cold start from unplugging the device and replugging back in. It will then see the 100s of SSID's around my house including mine. It then reconnects just fine.

It's acting as if it's overheating but I doubt it the case...

Who does QA at Samsung? Please fire him/them.

This is unacceptable...

The issue is definitely a firmware one as detection of all SSID's is lost until a cold start is done.

userxJQWLhs1Yc
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I bought my Samsung UN65RU7200FXZA just over a month ago.  I did not have an issue keeping WiFi connection between days.  After upgrading to version 1303 firmware I have to unplug the TV for the WiFi to be able to connect to my wireless network.  No other reset or configuration changes will allow the TV to see my wireless network until I unplug it from power.  Turning it on and off does not fix it.  No other wireless devices in my home have this issue.  My vote is there is a bug in firmware version 1303.  It is too much of a coincidence.  This is extremely inconvenient to use internet services each day.

SamsungJustin
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I can definitely understand the frustation. Does the unit drop  out intermittently while in use or does it just not connect to the wifi at all? 

How far away is the router from the telvision? 

We normally ask that you keep the router within at least 20 feet of the unit with a clear line of sight to prevent any signal disruption. This along with enviromental factors are usually the main cause of intermittent wifi connections. 

To help with connectivity you can try manually changing the DNS servers to be 8.8.8.8 or 4.2.2.1 This will allow the television to connect through a different path, and sometimes can help a lot of connectivity issues. 

To do this just go to Menu>Network>Network Status>Network Settings

If neither of the above help and it's continuing to do this, please try checking the network status when you experience this and let me know exactly what it shows there. 

0 Likes
user4yS0NiLJ4J
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I have the same exact issue and Samsung call center says there’s basically nothing I can do about it.

I have always loved Samsung products.

i feel so burned this time.

user4yS0NiLJ4J
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Just so the company knows,

this is is not a dns issue or Wifi, etc.

this is purely firmware.

i have a 1gb connection running 4 Ring Cameras, a doorbell, full security system, 3 toshiba TVs, a Vizio, 2 other Samsung’s and 3 Xbox that manage to stay connected.

if I power down the u7100 for more than 30 minutes, it fails to restart and detect ANY Wifi networks.

it really amazes me this has gone in for several weeks with no firmware update

userx3xyiScmg4
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I had the same problem. Wifi kept loosing its setting after turning off for few hours and turning it back on. Hard reboot by pulling power-cord or holding down power button on the remote for few seconds fixed the issue temperarily.

I solved my problem by turning off this feature. Network->Expert Setting->Power On with Mobile.

Yes turning this feature off fixed my issue, I hope it will fix yours as well.

I suspect the issue with the TV Network Firmware module that is waiting for the mobile to send the signal got locked up, only hard reboot will reset it.

If that does not help, don't get so upset lol, go get yourself WiFi to RJ45 Wire Network (EDUP) $18 and set your TV for wire connection and never have to worry again:)

userrg5f6Q86gL
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I just got a Series 4 that I'm using as a second monitor for my home office. I've been noticing the same issue since hooking it up. Works great until I shut it off for the day then the next morning it claims there is no internet connection despite the fact that our Vizio in the den is connected and playing, the iMac sitting right next to the Samsung is connected, iPhone is connected.. etc. The router literally sits less than two feet behind the television with nothing between them.

If I hold down the power button on the remote and force a hard reboot the TV works, but just turning it on like normal it will not. 

I just turned off the setting you mentioned since I don't use the mobile app for anything. Turned TV off and on and it came back up.. will see how it does in the morning. If that fails to fix it, I'm just going to run a cable from the router to the TV and be done with it. 

0 Likes
userrg5f6Q86gL
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Didn't work. Turned the TV on again this morning and no connection. 😞 

0 Likes
userzBNrXgHDWt
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I need help, my NU800D randomly disconnects from the internet.  Everything else works for wifi.

user4xhJZ2Uxyw
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I consistenly have the same problem. Have to unplug and restart the tv and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.  Makes me never want to buy another samsung product

0 Likes