JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung TV Will not connect to internet!

(Topic created: 07-17-2019 11:25 AM)
user1XgP8SQ2HN
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Samsung model UN55KU6600F

The WiFi has worked fine (with minor problems occasionally) until about a week ago now it will not connect.  It shows the 2 network names I currently use on my home network and have tried both at least 15 times.  The passwords ae entered correctly (event tried the WPS option 5 times) still it will not connect.  Any suggestions?

77 Replies
user1XgP8SQ2HN
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Thanks!  That appears to have worked.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Great! I'm glad to hear it! You are very welcome. 

0 Likes
userqSpV3kFs8d
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I am having the same problem, I did the update thing and it tells me that no new updates for me at this time. 

0 Likes
Guido63
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

It you get the correct firmware, that might help, Although it looks like samsung sometimes doesn't know what the latest firmware is.  My first 7100, it to would not show any new updates, samsung support claimed it was the correct firmware, when it died 30 days later, like totally dead, and I returned it, the next one had newer firmware!  Wireless wasn't a problem then, the second one, the display went, returned that one and then the third one died about 40 days after that.   Not to happy with samsung right now. 

0 Likes
userSTPOb6Nbz4
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I have followed the link and cannot find the download. Please help

0 Likes
userQ7zvYkuabY
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Hi,

Model Code : UE37ES6300

SW V : T-MST10PDEUC-2010.0

I can connect to wi-fi but then through Network Settings and select my router and password, which is all ok, then get an error message saying Wirless Network Disconnected. 

Mac Adress c4:73:1e:1d:c6:97

IP Address 172.30.10.8

Subnet mask 255.255.255.0

Gateway 172.30.1.254

DNS Server 8.8.8.8

I ahve iploaded the latest SW from Samsung and installed that, tried several wifi routers and hotspot conections and also changed DNS server to 8.8.4.4 and no joy.

Any other suggestions please?

0 Likes
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Thank you for this information. This forum is for the support of US products and customers. As your product is a non-US model and support for these models is very limited, please seek a support team for your area. You can do so by using this link: http://www.samsung.com/visitcountry

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
Guido63
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

It you get the correct firmware, that might help, Although it looks like samsung sometimes doesn't know what the latest firmware is.  My first 7100, it to would not show any new updates, samsung support claimed it was the correct firmware, when it died 30 days later, like totally dead, and I returned it, the next one had newer firmware!  Wireless wasn't a problem then, the second one, the display went, returned that one and then the third one died about 40 days after that.   Not to happy with samsung right now. 

0 Likes
userH1kHmDZ606
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Hi,

RE: Samsung TV (75") Model:UN75RU7100FXZA 

Our TV does not stay connected to Wi-fi. The set-up goes fine, but by the next day. It loses connection and doesn't connect to wi-fi. If we turn it off and unplug and plug back in, it re-establishes the wi-fi connection, but this only lasts for a few hours. Any fixes out there? At one point I saw an error code 107.. 

userzwfIBgsbB9
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Same exact Wi-Fi disconnecting issue:

MODEL : UN50RU7200FXZA  50 inch  UHD SMART TV Series 7 (Manufactured June, 2019)

Purchased last week, apparently a SKU available exclusively at Walmart.

The TV will lose the Wi-Fi connection each night and basically renders Smart Hub and it's apps useless.

It did return Error Code 107, but I still have not found a meaning for that code.

I have to unplug the TV, wait 5 minutes, and then plug it in again before my Network shows up and reconnects.  I have also tried manually entering the IP address and Subnet mask etc. but that does not yield a positive result.  The only thing that works is unplugging and plugging back in, hardly convenient. It will keep that connection for several hours if I am watching TV throughout the day, but if I shut it for more than a few hours, I have to unplug it again.

I have high-end fast internet router with 2G and 5G bands and also have aWi-Fi extender in the same room as the TV that gives me even greater coverage.  I have even tried resetting my router and broadband modem but that didn't work either.

I checked for UPDATES from the TV settings but there were none.

(I previously owned a Series 6 Samsung Smart TV that had NO connection problems, but after 6 years suffered from another of Samsung's unsolved mysteries...the lower right side of the screen started getting hot, the screen grayed-out and the set actually started melting!!!)

I have searched the web and Samsung Community for answers and tried some of the so-called solutions to no avail.  There seems to be an abundance of people with different sets through the years with the same issue.  At this point, I may buy another Wi-Fi extender but this time with an Ethernet port and hard wire it with cat cord to keep a wired connection.  I gave Samsung another go mainly because you just can't beat their screen...but if a working solution is not provided soon, I will not trust them again.