Re: Will not connect to internet!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks!  That appears to have worked.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Great! I'm glad to hear it! You are very welcome. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same problem, I did the update thing and it tells me that no new updates for me at this time. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It you get the correct firmware, that might help, Although it looks like samsung sometimes doesn't know what the latest firmware is.  My first 7100, it to would not show any new updates, samsung support claimed it was the correct firmware, when it died 30 days later, like totally dead, and I returned it, the next one had newer firmware!  Wireless wasn't a problem then, the second one, the display went, returned that one and then the third one died about 40 days after that.   Not to happy with samsung right now. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have followed the link and cannot find the download. Please help

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It you get the correct firmware, that might help, Although it looks like samsung sometimes doesn't know what the latest firmware is.  My first 7100, it to would not show any new updates, samsung support claimed it was the correct firmware, when it died 30 days later, like totally dead, and I returned it, the next one had newer firmware!  Wireless wasn't a problem then, the second one, the display went, returned that one and then the third one died about 40 days after that.   Not to happy with samsung right now. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

Model:UN75RU7100FXZA Dropping Wi-fi

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi,

RE: Samsung TV (75") Model:UN75RU7100FXZA 

Our TV does not stay connected to Wi-fi. The set-up goes fine, but by the next day. It loses connection and doesn't connect to wi-fi. If we turn it off and unplug and plug back in, it re-establishes the wi-fi connection, but this only lasts for a few hours. Any fixes out there? At one point I saw an error code 107.. 

Asteroid

Re: Model:UN75RU7100FXZA Dropping Wi-fi

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same exact Wi-Fi disconnecting issue:

MODEL : UN50RU7200FXZA  50 inch  UHD SMART TV Series 7 (Manufactured June, 2019)

Purchased last week, apparently a SKU available exclusively at Walmart.

The TV will lose the Wi-Fi connection each night and basically renders Smart Hub and it's apps useless.

It did return Error Code 107, but I still have not found a meaning for that code.

I have to unplug the TV, wait 5 minutes, and then plug it in again before my Network shows up and reconnects.  I have also tried manually entering the IP address and Subnet mask etc. but that does not yield a positive result.  The only thing that works is unplugging and plugging back in, hardly convenient. It will keep that connection for several hours if I am watching TV throughout the day, but if I shut it for more than a few hours, I have to unplug it again.

I have high-end fast internet router with 2G and 5G bands and also have aWi-Fi extender in the same room as the TV that gives me even greater coverage.  I have even tried resetting my router and broadband modem but that didn't work either.

I checked for UPDATES from the TV settings but there were none.

(I previously owned a Series 6 Samsung Smart TV that had NO connection problems, but after 6 years suffered from another of Samsung's unsolved mysteries...the lower right side of the screen started getting hot, the screen grayed-out and the set actually started melting!!!)

I have searched the web and Samsung Community for answers and tried some of the so-called solutions to no avail.  There seems to be an abundance of people with different sets through the years with the same issue.  At this point, I may buy another Wi-Fi extender but this time with an Ethernet port and hard wire it with cat cord to keep a wired connection.  I gave Samsung another go mainly because you just can't beat their screen...but if a working solution is not provided soon, I will not trust them again.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So we disabled the Samsung TV channels (one of their apps) that are included with the TV. And so far, it hasn't lost connection again, so right now that's the fix. I'll update if it drops again. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Tried disabling the Samsung TV channels app but had no effect on wi-fi disconnect.  One shortcut I have discovered is instead of unplugging the TV each morning when it won't connect to Wi-Fi, If you push the power button on the remote and hold it down until the Samsung logo appears on the screen, it has the same effect as unplugging and Wi-Fi reconnects!  Amazing Samsung has not acknowledged the issue nor provided a solution for it!