cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Smart TV losing WiFi Connection

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tried a factory reset of the unit? How far is it from the router? 

abekon
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have done a reset several times. Issue persists. It is about 5 feet away from the router. Never had any connection issues until about 2 weeks ago.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Does the issue occur if you use an Ethernet connection?

abekon
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have not had an opportunity to try this yet as leaving a cable strung across the room would drive my wife nuts. I will give it a try if I can find a cable to use. 

Still doesn't make sense why it suddenly stopped working when no changes were made except perhaps the TV software update. 

userrdaiGNHNJg
Constellation

Wifi keeps turning off

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just purchased a Samsumg UHD 4k TV.  RU7300 65" curved.  Having issues with the wifi not staying on, not with it disconnecting from my particular access point.  After powering off the TV overnight, the next day the tv loses its ability to see wireless networks, not just mine, all off them.  I only have the option to connect via the wps setting, which fails or enter the wifi network manually.  The only fix is to unplug the power and plug it back in, then it works fine for the day, even after you power it off for a hour or two.  The following day it's right back to square one, no wifi.  I work for a local internet supplier and I'm familiar with other Samsung TVs of older models doing the same thing, just didn't think it would affect the new model I purchased.  Don't know if there's much that can be done other than returning, unless there is a firmware update that works better.  Any help would be appreciated.

userYM4ShHoJLI
Constellation

Re: Wifi keeps turning off

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I’ve purchased the same model television a few days ago and I’m having the exact same problem! I have two 2016 model Samsung’s (40 inch and 55 inch) that have never had this issue. 

I agree that it must be a software issue otherwise I assume WiFi would not function at all. 

*Here’s a tip in the mean time: Just hold down the RED power button on the remote control for at least 3 seconds and the TV will restart itself. It worked for me so you don’t have to physically keep unplugging the tv. 

userwCHTToP2cM
Constellation

New series 7 tv won’t connect to wifi

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have been trying to connect my new tv to the WiFi and have been unable to do so. Initial start up connected but now no networks are available to choose, even though other devices are connected.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: New series 7 tv won’t connect to wifi

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What is the full model code of the TV?

Samsung_1pDSJ3X
Astronaut

Just install the tv app and there

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just install the tv app and there

useruQu41aHaeC
Constellation

TV Won't Connect to WiFi

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Installed TV 4 days ago and configured wifi at that time.  Now all of sudden it stopped connecting to our Wifi network.  It won't even see our SSID.  I've downloaded and attempted to install the latest firmware update via USB but the latest version is already on the TV.  I've also attempted to manually enter the network name and password 5 times with no success.

TV Info

TV Serial #: <Hidden>
TV Model #: UN75MU9000FXZA
Samsung - 65" Class - LED - 7 Series - 2160p - Smart - 4K UHD TV with HDR

Pretty darn frustrated...4 days in and already having problems with no answers on the support threads.  Please advise.