JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung TV Will not connect to internet!

(Topic created: 06-25-2019 12:23 PM)
user1XgP8SQ2HN
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Samsung model UN55KU6600F

The WiFi has worked fine (with minor problems occasionally) until about a week ago now it will not connect.  It shows the 2 network names I currently use on my home network and have tried both at least 15 times.  The passwords ae entered correctly (event tried the WPS option 5 times) still it will not connect.  Any suggestions?

JUMP TO SOLUTION
77 Replies
userPcHinxYNPV
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Have the same issue, I am not happy with this tv at all, want my money back.

0 Likes
userH1kHmDZ606
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

So we disabled the Samsung TV channels (one of their apps) that are included with the TV. And so far, it hasn't lost connection again, so right now that's the fix. I'll update if it drops again. 

0 Likes
userzwfIBgsbB9
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Tried disabling the Samsung TV channels app but had no effect on wi-fi disconnect.  One shortcut I have discovered is instead of unplugging the TV each morning when it won't connect to Wi-Fi, If you push the power button on the remote and hold it down until the Samsung logo appears on the screen, it has the same effect as unplugging and Wi-Fi reconnects!  Amazing Samsung has not acknowledged the issue nor provided a solution for it!

userH1kHmDZ606
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

This solution is also working for us now. It beats unplugging it, but yes, holding the power button on the remote for 3 seconds until the Samsung logo appears is reconnecting the wifi. 

0 Likes
user2udZD6v0G6
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Have you tried running a cable directly from the TV to the router? And if you have multiple devices on 1 router. Turn off your router and unplug the power cord for 1 to 5 mins to clear out cache in the router. Then restart. If you have a basic wifi plan with slower than gaming speeds. You will lag out if you have a few devices plus the Tv..

0 Likes
userv4QgwIaQjq
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I bought the UN65R7100F model July 3, 2019, and my TV loses its Wi-FI connection too. Never loses it while it is on. I hired Best Buy's Geek Squad to install it which occurred on July 10, 2019. Worked fine during the first day while it was powered On. TV was shut the TV off around 10p. Woke up on July 4, no WI-FI. I checked the IP address in the TV Settings nothing was there. I ran the troubleshooting steps described in the User Manual, no luck. I reset the TV, no luck. I unplugged the TV and plugged the TV back in, turned the TV back on and IP address reappeared in Settings thus I was able to connect back to the internet. The Wi-FI disconnect occurs whenever the TV has been on then shut off.  I confirmed the Geek Squad changed the TV from Retail Mode to Usage Mode which is done by going to Settings, General, System Manager, Usage Mode, Home Mode as per my User Manual, Page 14. So that isn't the issue. This Samsung problem doesn't seem to be isolated to the 7 series TVs either since there are posts going back to at least 2017 pertaining to this issue on other Samsung models. Someone at Samsung, please look into this matter because I am thinking about returning the TV and buying another brand. Tired of unplugging and plugging the TV back into the electric outlet each day. Wondering if there is some sort of Security software that is wiping out/interferring with the WI-FI settings, could it be Samsung software maintenance/updates, antenna issue, etc.???

FWIW
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

The TV is UN75RU7100FXZA.   I have  software 1303.7.  The TV says it is the latest version.   In the last few days it has started dropping the WIFI in the evening.  I have to unplug the TV to reboot and then it automatically picks up the WIFI.  If I try to manually enter the SSID, etc it does not recognice the WIFI - I have to unplug.  

SamsungKim1
Supernova
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Does the signal drop if you have the ethernet cable connected to the unit?

0 Likes
FWIW
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

there is no network connection near it hence the WiFi.  It worked fine for several months and only recently started dropping it.

SamsungKim1
Supernova
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Try placing an ethernet cable in to see if you lose internet.

0 Likes