Original topic:

Xbox one black screen

(Topic created: 04-25-2021 06:06 AM)
userp2IezBhLw0
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Hi all,

turned Xbox one on today on my Samsung TV (UE43RU7100KXXU) and get a black screen. I’ve used 3 different hdmi cables, tried the 3 different hdmi ports in my TV. I’ve also hard reset the Xbox and ensured the hdmi is in the correct port (to TV). When I change the cables, the TV recognises it as an Xbox, but the screen stays black. I’ve checked that the tv software is up to date as well.

I have a smaller, older Samsung tv (UE22H5600) which the Xbox works fine on. Not really too sure what to try here - there isn’t a fault with the Xbox as it works on another Samsung TV.

3 Replies
Sami30
Halo
Options
HD and UHD TVs
Could be a compatability issue. Was there an update on the Xbox recently?
0 Likes
userp2IezBhLw0
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I’ve checked after plugging it into my older Samsung and can see there was an Xbox update yesterday. Would it perhaps mean that Samsung has to supply an update in order for it to be compatible? As I said before, the tv actually detects that it’s an Xbox one device, just goes black after that - at a loss to really know what I can do here!

0 Likes
SamsungAl
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
HD and UHD TVs

This forum is for the support of US products and customers. As your product is a non-US model and support for these models is very limited, please seek a support team for your area. You can do so by using this link: http://www.samsung.com/visitcountry  Thanks!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes