JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Youtube App Error 118 - un55mu6490

(Topic created: 05-02-2021 12:44 PM)
user38W4Qm8BYE
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I have been having an issue downloading "Youtube" app for Samsung Model # un55mu6490.

Is there someone having same issue? Every time I try to download it, I get an error as "Unable to install Error 118"

I've been having this issue for almost 2 months now and another thing I have noticed is, rest of the apps will suddenly disappear and have to be downloaded again. Not exactly sure what in the world is going on but "Youtube" issue is really annoying!

Called and spoke to tech support today and they mentioned after almost being on the call for 45 mins that they are aware of this issue and the developers need to UPDATE the VERSION on their end for youtube to work again! I had told the person I was speaking with that I had tried ALL the options.. (wifi on/off, pulling plug out, resetting hub, software update etc etc). seriously can't believe that at the end they said "they are aware of this issue and need to get version updated"!

They said they DO NOT have timeline when the version will be updated for youtube to work again! Dev Peeps - Get your version updated! Version upgrade doesn't take this long!

8 Replies
userquXdFi074Z
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Dude I have the same issue but with downloading a different app (spectrum TV app) . It gives me the same error 118. I can download any other app but when I try to install this one app all I get is error 118 idk what the heck is wrong with this!! Any luck with getting yours to work??

user38W4Qm8BYE
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Nope, not yet. I am still having same issue while trying to download Youtube app. Not sure why Samsung is not working to resolve this issue. Is it working for you now?

user38W4Qm8BYE
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs
0 Likes
user38W4Qm8BYE
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

@Anonymous  @SamsungMichelle @SamsungJam @SamsungJamie - Please help. I called and spoke to the rep already and did everything possible. At the end, they said that Samsung Developers need to update the version. Its been >3 months and has not been resolved yet. 

0 Likes
user38W4Qm8BYE
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

@SamsungGill  @SamsungMichelle @SamsungJam @SamsungJamie

Please HELP with this request!!

SamsungAl
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I apologize. We were looking into this for you. Try changing the DNS. If that doesn't work, try resetting the router and then doing a factory reset if the router reset doesn't work. 

Steps to change DNS: 

1) Press MENU on the remote. 
2) Navigate to and select Network. 
3) Select Network Status. 
4) After the Network status test runs select IP Settings. 
5) Navigate to and select DNS Setting and change it from "obtain automatically" to "enter manually".  
6) Enter the DNS in the DNS Server field. 
DNS options: 
>8.8.8.8 
>8.8.4.4

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

user38W4Qm8BYE
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Hi @SamsungAl 

Thank you for your response! I just tried all the steps that you have mentioned and unfortunately - still getting same error (attaching pictures as well). Last time I spoke to the customer rep, they had mentioned that the version needed to be upgraded by the developer for the app to work.

Now another weird stuff has started happening - downloaded/working app starts disappearing on its own from the SmartHub and have to keep on re-downloading or re-installing. Something weird is going on.

D0068C14-3526-41BC-8F6C-673217B01A6D.jpeg6C229395-249B-43B5-AA57-80D5EBBE9983.jpeg

Solution
SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
HD and UHD TVs

If you've tried changing the DNS Settings, next step is to Factory reset your unit. You can also try a smart hub reset and if the symptoms are persisting after this and you continue to have applications disappear, The next step is to make sure to check your internet connection with the unit. Make sure you have good signal strength and network speed coming into the unit.  You can utilize the internet browser on your television and go to the speed test website of your choosing to find this information out. (Sometimes your ISP has sites you can visit.)

You may have to work with your ISP, to set up priorities on your router should the unit not be receiving proper signal or speed to it.  Once you've made sure everything is secure Network wise, you'll want to make sure that the firmware is completely up to date on your unit.

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062224/ 

If the unit still is not working at that point,  we would recommend trying to speak with our Remote Management Team to run some diagnostics on the unit. Please Call, 1-800-726-7864 to speak with them directly.

Reset options: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00077524/ 

If none of these steps above work, it may be a serviceable related matter. Should service be needed, the remote management team will be able to set this up for you, or you can reach out directly via one of the following methods, as we would like to Gather additional information, and look at this from a case by case basis. Please provide the full model and serial of the television as well as your best contact phone number, name, email, and include a link to this Community post. 

Send a message on Facebook

Send Message on Twitter

Sent Message to Moderator

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.