JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Youtube issues after update ver 1310.4 (Q9FN)

(Topic created: 11-18-2020 02:26 AM)
Xion4360
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

After updating to the latest firmware, youtube now has issues.

Before I had no issues whatsoever playing 4K60fps videos with a network connection of over 100,000 kbps and a healthy buffer....now it's constant loading and defaulting to 360P.

Please look into it.

178 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
QLED and The Frame

Yes, in the app video stuck, from the tv web browser works fine.

0 Likes
userMoHP8k15gA
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame

I'm not convinced it's a Samsung issue. Seem more likely YouTube have a problem to fix but I wish Samsung would give some feedback on what they have found out about the problem. I have one 4k film in my library and it breaks up playing via the YouTube app but works perfectly through the Google Play Movies app - both apps on Samsung TV

Article says YouTube only working at 480 but also that tv app should be fine. I've also seen articles about intentional throttling because of heavy use with covid, infection problems at YouTube and Google having their own vp9 encoding system causing issues

https://www.google.com/amp/s/9to5google.com/2020/10/21/google-temporarily-limits-purchased-movie-pla...

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
QLED and The Frame

but why this happened after 1310.4 update? The 4k videos are working fine from tv browser

I use a premium youtube account.

0 Likes
userBSuwfUC9PI
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

I still have previous firmware on 55q9fn and no youtube issue. My last version of youtube app is the same as others with issue and 1310.4 fw

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
QLED and The Frame

It seems that the youtube app version dont matter. it matters the tv fw version.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
QLED and The Frame

Yes, from any device other than tv app. 

0 Likes
AndreiR033
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hello,

I am from Romania (Europe) and I have the same problem with 2 Samsung NU7402 TVs.

I also tried with another router on both 2.4 and 5 Ghz wireless connections and I had the same problem.

When the TV is connected to the internet by cable everything is working fine.

I also tried to watch videos using the Youtube app on a Playstation 4 and everything is working fine on wireless and over the cable.

So I am thinking the problem is with the TV and the Youtube app only when the TV is connected to the internet over WIFI.

I hope Samsung will fix this:)

0 Likes
userjb3YeTheN1
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

+ Game Mode Local Dimming problem persists.

HDR brightness is mess in Game Mode. 

Samsung is messing with customers!

userKrSelb4vA4
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

Is the Youtube issue caused by the download of YoutubeTV?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
QLED and The Frame

The problem described appears in Youtube TV App on tv.

0 Likes