JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Youtube issues after update ver 1310.4 (Q9FN)

(Topic created: 11-19-2020 03:57 AM)
Xion4360
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

After updating to the latest firmware, youtube now has issues.

Before I had no issues whatsoever playing 4K60fps videos with a network connection of over 100,000 kbps and a healthy buffer....now it's constant loading and defaulting to 360P.

Please look into it.

178 Replies
userYkSB4Ps1Wr
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Same issue here forUE55NU8002. Is this some kind of a joke to break basic functionality like this and do nothing after 2 weeks of problems being reported?

userLX5dElhVQY
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

This Firmware is truely BUGGY LIKE [edit]

. Exactly, in fact that Firmware destroyed, yeah devastated 4K Viewing Experience on my 8k Q900 (2018). That's such a most critically, ugly mistake of that company. By this practice, they Will Loose a LOT of customers, for sure. Not because of that silly YT app which even cannot play 8k on an 8k TV. No. Their update philosophy, is just like noobs would do. Are there any Test methods at Samsung? Why i pay 4000€ and you engineers give me such a bad feeling when using Samsung Products?

I definitely will look out for other manufatures in the future. Let's see when the final firmware will be deployed which makes the TV unusable slow and they try to make people think, oh, the TV got old, have to buy a new samsung TV." Yes, let's [edit] the earth and it's resources.

Funny thing, when the Firmware update was showing up on the Q900 8K TV, i selected "do not install now". And even Automatic Updates are OFF, the TV updated the firmware without my confirmation. And that happened after i found out that this firmware has a BIG issue.

Unbelievable, Samsung treat their Customers as Beta Firmware Testers (or even Alpha?).

By the way, send me a new Remote, that beautiful shiny piece of technology works like [edit] ah, forget it.

Samsung, i expect Your Apologize and a Solution ASAP!

SparK
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

Just thought I'd add my input if it's any help. I have a 55NU8000 (UK) and have updated to 1310.4.

I like to have a quick browse online for issues before each fw update, and this time was no different. I did the update anyway, but I can report I have been on YouTube app and tried many 4k/60 videos since, and playback is fine, no issues at all.

0 Likes
userMoHP8k15gA
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame

I do not have a problem with any 4k YouTube video that is part of generally available free content - movie previews and 4k demonstrations etc. The only video I have an issue with is the only 4k video I actually bought/own! I didn't actually realise you could watch movies bought via Google Play Movies through YouTube until I saw this issue reported! I still firmly believe it is a Google issue and not a Samsung issue. Google are absolutely awful at tampering with stuff and not telling anyone they've done it or what they've done or what problems exist with their systems. 

0 Likes
Si2Bim
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

No issues on my Q7FN after updating the FW to 1310.4.

4k YouTube videos are playing at 3840x2160.

userLX5dElhVQY
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

It's probably not an issue with YT, even 4k YT in the noob Internet Browser has the same issue.    Actually i figured out what the issue is. And also found a bloody workaround, so, SAMSUNG, go and fix that Issue ASAP ! If you, Samsung wanna get my help, put me on your salary list !

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
QLED and The Frame

youtube 4k from tv internet browser runs without any problem

only youtube app has problems

0 Likes
useruPglJ9fTNz
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

Go to youtube app settings, reset app and Sign in again. This fixed the issue for me. Nu8000 firmware 1310.4.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
QLED and The Frame

done that, also factory reset the whole tv but didnt solved the problem

userFjRlHYSMzf
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

GQ65Q7FNG, Software: 1310.4

Youtube 4K works fine