JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Youtube issues after update ver 1310.4 (Q9FN)

(Topic created: 01-06-2021 03:45 AM)
Xion4360
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

After updating to the latest firmware, youtube now has issues.

Before I had no issues whatsoever playing 4K60fps videos with a network connection of over 100,000 kbps and a healthy buffer....now it's constant loading and defaulting to 360P.

Please look into it.

178 Replies
userqQMYfbSjq0
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

Changed my connection from wifi to Wired and I can confirm that I still have issues with anything above 1080p, very low network activity and short buffer health, this happens on version 20201208_00_RC04 On a Samsung UN65NU7400 Firmware 1310.4  from 2018. 

userHaE5GnudFM
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

I have exactly opposite experience. Wired one fixed the issue and I believe it's a bug in the WiFi driver.

The issue can be reproduced every time.

Stats for nerds shows virtually no activity on wireless and 4k. The LAN connection gets up to 1min buffer instead. Wireless is less than 50cm (2feet) away from the rooter and fast.com ends up with around 88Mbit/s.

0 Likes
userx3UaEzHUmd
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

I checked with my and my friends TV's and I can confirm below models have same issue.

- 2018 Samsung Q7FN (65 inch)

- 2018 Samsung Q8FN (65 inch)

- 2018 Samsung NU8000 (55 and 65 inch)

0 Likes
userMoHP8k15gA
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame

If you enable "stats for nerds", I have noticed that UHD videos that break up show Codecs:

vp9.2 (562) / mp4a.40.2 (149) or

vp9.2 (561) / mp4a.40.2 (149)

But free UHD samples that work perfectly fine show Codecs:

vp9.2 (337) / opus (251)

My thought is that 561 and 562 are newer formats that Google have started streaming and the older Samsung TV's do not support it (yet?) - I've read that the latest Samsung TV's work fine.

But I wish Samsung would just acknowledge the problem and say whether they are working on a solution or not.

It would also be good if Google could acknowledge if they have recently altered their Codecs and this might affect streaming to certain hardware.

What is the point of manufacturers having bulletin boards if they don't respond to them?!

userZ1Ap7wK7Ih
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

Seems like samsung doesnt care about it, they just blame youtube while it's started from their firmware update. 

SAME PROBLEM HERE FOR MORE THEN A MONTH NOW

0 Likes
userZ1Ap7wK7Ih
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

Samsung UE65LS03NASXXN same problem here for more then a month now. Samsung rly needs to get their act together. I dont understand why they dony roll the update back for the time being. They seem to not care about it and put it on youtube

hadouken1014
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame
My last call on 12/24 seemed to get traction with the person at least escalating this issue (or so they said). Just got off the phone with Samsung again and basically just got asked all of the same troubleshooting questions as before. Do they think we are lying? Nobody seems to be aware of issues brought up in the forums either, which is weird considering how relevant this one is for so many people. Samsung blames YouTube, apparently YouTube blames Samsung, and all we are left with is a TV not even 3 years old that can't do one of the main functions in its name, play 4K. If this isn't resolved, this will absolutely be the last Samsung product I purchase. Unbelievable.
hadouken1014
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame
Also I have the Q7FN for clarification
0 Likes
ivaylos
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hey!

My TV is Philips 43PUS6554/12 but I have an issue with YouTube app version web_20201208_00_RC04.
I can't cast YouTube videos from Chrome browser(YouTube.com) on my laptop to the TV since the end of November. The cast icon disappeared.

I was wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same issue.

P.S. Casting videos from my phone's YouTube app to the TV works perfectly fine.

I did another test with my PS4 Pro. The YouTube app which is the same version. Casting videos from Chrome browser on my laptop to the PS4's YouTube app works perfectly fine.

userQh6UrI6qzW
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame

Got the same difference now, something has changed, but still some 4k video buffers but its hard to find them right now. Most of them works but the quality still drops, but you can change it up to 4k without problem. Its very annoying if u want to show some 4k to your friends

(1gb/1gb fiber optics via 5g router)