cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Asteroid

Re: Re: Re: Youtube issues after update ver 1310.4 (Q9FN)

I am still having the issue via wifi. A wired connection is the only way currently I can watch 4k even with the new YouTube update.
Cosmic Ray

...and we are back at endless buffering - even at 1440p (sometimes at 1080p too...).

By the way, still works fine in the TV's internet browser. No buffering at all...

IMG_4206.jpg

Cosmic Ray

Sometimes it works with Wifi... sometimes not...

I've changed the connection to wire and it works...

Please Samsung/ Yotube(Google) do something...

Cosmic Ray

LoL, after two months it is still not fixed? Samsung . I will never ever buy a single thing from you again and will advice all people around as well.

Cosmic Ray

We can see moderators updating some comments like the last from  

userMvpgfouuPq but noone from Samsung is updating this topic with useful info...

Asteroid

Its all the same again. It was good for maybe like two days. 

Any moderator of this page or someone from support can reply to us that it was send to the "IT workers"?

Cosmic Ray

I just tested The Explorers, which have 4K videos (and 8K) and the 4K videos are played flawlessly - through their app ! It is more of a travel/nature stream. It is worth testing out on your 4K TVs. I am a little unsure what kind of a codec The Explorers are using, and would like to look more into it as I heard some vauge rumours it is not the AV1 codec that the 2020  Samsung TVs have, but not the earlier models (even 8K models before 2020). I think the pre-2020 TV models have the H.265/HEVC codec - so maybe that is something to look into in regards of the problems we are having with the YouTube app (as I know they uses the AV1-codec for the 8K videos).

Asteroid

I'm sure it's to do with the codec. Enable the stats for geeks stuff and I can see that the 4k streaming that fails is either vp9.2 (562) or vp9 (561). When it works it shows as vp9.2 (337) and vp9 (360).

At this point (months on) all I would like is:

1. an acknowledgement from Samsung and/or Google that they can reproduce and see the problem themselves 

2. That they are (or aren't) going to do something about it

It's astonishing that neither party are even prepared to confirm on this forum that they can see the problem!

Asteroid

Re: Youtube issues after update ver 1310.4 (Q9FN)

well i just bought an LG CX OLED so...im DONE with Samsung. good luck yall 

Astronaut

Re: Youtube issues after update ver 1310.4 (Q9FN)

Same for me, on 1310.4 firmware and Samsung 55" Q6FN model.

YouTube video with a 1080p resolution and enabled "stats for nerds". At least in my case on the "connection speed" it shows 50+Mbps and on the "buffer health" it shows +60 seconds. But when I change it to 4k, everything stops, connection speed goes to 0, buffer health goes to 0, network activity goes to 0.

The last Samsung firmware broke the YouTube app, I have zero issues with Netflix, Apple TV, Amazon Prime Video.