JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Youtube issues after update ver 1310.4 (Q9FN)

(Topic created: 01-15-2021 06:17 AM)
Xion4360
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

After updating to the latest firmware, youtube now has issues.

Before I had no issues whatsoever playing 4K60fps videos with a network connection of over 100,000 kbps and a healthy buffer....now it's constant loading and defaulting to 360P.

Please look into it.

178 Replies
usertC585CAsjK
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Raise your voices on Twitter. Samsung are busy launching new tv's so that they can break them after 2 years. No one should be buying from Samsung. I tested my 3 year old LG Nano Cell TV and youtube still works perfectly.

userYq2XrOL6p1
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

Reportin that my 2018 Q7FN has the same issue. 2019 cheap 43" Samsung works perfectly, but 2018 2000€ TV is broken from reading these replies Samsung doesn't wanna repair it. Great company!

0 Likes
hadouken1014
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame
YouTube app has a new update for 2018 Q7FN. Can confirm that with wired connection 4k seems to run so far. Wireless still just gets buffering circles. I agree that it is probably something related to wifi maybe in the firmware? I wish I had Twitter to use... just want some customer service so my tv works like when I bought it 😔
0 Likes
user8EYNxYJ85Z
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hello,

My last tests with 4k videos and Wifi (q7FN 2018) were successful.... I don't want to say the problem is solved with the last version of youtube app (web_20210106_00_RC01) because weeks ago it worked for some minutes and then failed again...

Can you check on your tvs?

Thanks!

userZof52SvNXK
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

UE65NU8052 The problem still exists  😓

hadouken1014
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame
I am still having the issue via wifi. A wired connection is the only way currently I can watch 4k even with the new YouTube update.
0 Likes
user8EYNxYJ85Z
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame

Sometimes it works with Wifi... sometimes not...

I've changed the connection to wire and it works...

Please Samsung/ Yotube(Google) do something...

0 Likes
user8EYNxYJ85Z
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame

We can see moderators updating some comments like the last from  

userMvpgfouuPq but noone from Samsung is updating this topic with useful info...

0 Likes
userQh6UrI6qzW
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame

Its all the same again. It was good for maybe like two days. 

Any moderator of this page or someone from support can reply to us that it was send to the "IT workers"?

userMoHP8k15gA
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame

I'm sure it's to do with the codec. Enable the stats for geeks stuff and I can see that the 4k streaming that fails is either vp9.2 (562) or vp9 (561). When it works it shows as vp9.2 (337) and vp9 (360).

At this point (months on) all I would like is:

1. an acknowledgement from Samsung and/or Google that they can reproduce and see the problem themselves 

2. That they are (or aren't) going to do something about it

It's astonishing that neither party are even prepared to confirm on this forum that they can see the problem!