JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Youtube issues after update ver 1310.4 (Q9FN)

(Topic created: 02-04-2021 08:28 PM)
Xion4360
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

After updating to the latest firmware, youtube now has issues.

Before I had no issues whatsoever playing 4K60fps videos with a network connection of over 100,000 kbps and a healthy buffer....now it's constant loading and defaulting to 360P.

Please look into it.

178 Replies
danKL
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

I lied it’s degraded again

0 Likes
userQh6UrI6qzW
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame

Wow nice! Thanks for the ss 🙂 #GungFu

usereKfgpCn9rR
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

Because we all should post this on Twitter, in every tweet of samsung official account writte this issues, in that case you will see fast responses... All companies are the same... Unless they have bad public publicity they don't do anything...

I have paid 5000 euros for a tv they don't even care to answer any questions... 

danKL
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Latest YouTube update seemed to fix this for me on my 75” Q9fn

0 Likes
Pablo_uk
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

How have you updated the YouTube app? I have a 65" Q9FN and can't see an option to update the app.

0 Likes
danKL
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Mine auto updates it. I look in setting and have been watching YouTube app versions. The one I now have is:  web_20210207_00_RC00

0 Likes
Pablo_uk
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Thats the same version as mine but I'm still having the same issue.

0 Likes
user8EYNxYJ85Z
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame

I have the same version also. The first video I tried to open it was fine at 4k during more than 10 minutes but I changed to another one and then 360p again... impossible to watch it at 2k/4k...

0 Likes
francus
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame

after several tests I can say everything ok here with the latest version of the youtube app (q6fn 55)

0 Likes
francus
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame

To be more specific ... there were a couple of episodes where the video went to 360p, but back to 4k it stayed on the right resolution. Anyway for sure something has changed, I watched a lot of 4k videos without even a problem. Before the update it was only buffering and a maximum of 20 seconds of video.
The fact remains that for three months Samsung has not responded even once in this thread and it made me think that it will be the last TV of this brand that I will buy.