JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Youtube issues after update ver 1310.4 (Q9FN)

(Topic created: 03-09-2021 09:48 AM)
Xion4360
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

After updating to the latest firmware, youtube now has issues.

Before I had no issues whatsoever playing 4K60fps videos with a network connection of over 100,000 kbps and a healthy buffer....now it's constant loading and defaulting to 360P.

Please look into it.

178 Replies
userT0Xz1cKfBU
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

I have the same issue with my UN49NU800F model tv after updating it. I’ve reached out the costumer service, but it seems they are not aware of the issue or don’t want to be. I was told that “ the Samsung is an open platform for the apps, the app provider needs to provide the service to the TV model.“  And then my response was that I have another Samsung TV (different model) and both of them have the same, exact version of YouTube app. The one I did not update works perfectly, but the updated one cannot run 4K videos on Youtube. How can it be related to YouTube? Anyway, after a little fight, here is the last answer:

”...so that I can forward the issue to my next level team they will look in to the issue and will update you.” 

I haven’t received any updates yes.

0 Likes
user8EYNxYJ85Z
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame

Why to have a Samsung official community to not take care of it?

As we have said previously ... we don't know if the problem is at Samsung side or Youtube side... but we have paid Samsung for a service and it's easier for them tu understand and solve the problem with an ambedded application at our TVs than for us....

Also we know someone from Samsung reads these messages because lot of them have been moderated/edited or deleted during these months,...

SO PLEASE, SAMSUNG, DO SOMETHING!

0 Likes
usertWt1OwnwJE
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

I am on with support now.  The support tech is telling me this forum isn't even monitored by Samsung. That the community "on Samsung.com is not necessarily monitored or notes sent directly to Samsung."

So there you have it. 

0 Likes
francus
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame

There have been three versions of the app since I last wrote. Obviously none solves our problem.
If the SAMSUNG staff are reading, and I know they are reading, could they kindly tell us when the next firmware update is due and if there is a solution to this problem?

SAMSUNG KINDLY ANSWER SOMETHING, OTHERWISE WHAT IS THIS FORUM FOR?
THANK YOU!!!

userc1JFWmcJvS
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

I am having the same issue.

Model - UN65NU8000

Firmware - 1310.4

Youtube App can no longer load 4K content over a wireless connection due to the latest firmware.

0 Likes
ivaylos
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

@Xion4360 and everyone else who have this issue with YouTube... 

Has anyone of you tried downgrading the TV's firmware version? 

I had a problem with my Philips TV.. I couldn't cast YouTube videos from my laptop to the TV. 
At first Philips Support told me that the problem is NOT in the TV but in the YouTube app or even my laptop.
Then they said that downgrading the software is NOT possible because the TV might not accept the older version. 
I did a lot of research and found the downgrade files... I performed it and the problem was fixed... This way I proved to Philips that they are wrong and that the problem comes from their software... 

I think that your problem might be fixed by downgrading the software.

I found a website which has the older firmware versions of your TVs. PM on Twitter @Prisoneer and I will give you more information.

0 Likes
userkNObKwdAYr
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

As far as I know, it's not possible to downgrade firmware of Samsung TVs. It completely blocks it

0 Likes
Solution
usertWt1OwnwJE
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Some good news to add to this thread: I called Samsung support and reported the problem. They had a tech come out and install a new wireless board.  This fixed the problem for me and I've now turned off automatic updates.  Hopefully nothing breaks in the future and I don't have to gamble. If you still have warranty coverage, I suggest going this route. 

0 Likes
MrLarry
Neutron Star
Options
QLED and The Frame

An Accepted Solution has been marked and provided for this thread. The thread will now be locked for further replies. in hopes to keep the integrity of the thread from steering in a non-technical manner. If you have a separate concern, feel free to post again or send one of our moderators a private message with more details. Please note duplicate posts on similar subjects starting 2/1/21, will be removed to keep our community organized and make it easier for our users to find resolutions and needed content. Remember that if you do make a post, please include as many details about your symptoms as possible. Also, make sure that your title is a good summary of the overall situation that's occurring with your product. Thank you for being part of the community!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes