JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

bluetooth connected powerbeats pro earbuds go silent

(Topic created: 07-23-2021 10:05 AM)
userlkqP2lXGJG
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

I own a pair of powerbeats pro earbuds.  they pair to my Samsung q50(32) tv, with no trouble, but the audio ceases after a few minutes without an error message on the TV side of the conversation. a disconnect, delete, re-pair doesn't resolve the condition.  

frustrated, I purchased a pair of apple air pod pro earbuds and haven't replicated the issue.  the firmware versions for both the powerbeats & tv are up-to-date.  

no search engine revealed any report of the issue, so I am posting here hoping to assist another human in the same situation. 

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
userlkqP2lXGJG
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

i disabled apple air play in the tv setting as part of my initial investigation and moments ago to confirm my memory; no durable remedy.

i am confident no current component firmware update, or signing into/out of any apple or samsung service affects durable remedy.   the powerbeats pro product and the samsung q50(32) are not reliably compatible as they currently exist in my home.  there are too many variables to exhaustively eliminate.  i am grateful for the typing of your brainshare and the time consumed to convey your thoughts.

all the best to readers today and future!!

jon

View solution in context

0 Likes
2 Replies
SelfProclaimedBest
Red Giant
Options
QLED and The Frame
I'm thinking its because the TV has that seamless intergration for Air Play 2, and even though the powerbeats have the apple compatibility and featured or whatever, the air play stuff is linked to your signed in iTunes account for info and siri and things and allows for a better connection to apple devices and thats why the pods haven't had that issue. You can adjust the settings in your iTunes account for Bluetooth connections or devices and try to link the power beats to your phone with the account on it that your using for the tv app and then check that out. Been a while since i used ios but that type of problem in the past has been fixed doing that. Both buds and pods are bluetooth 5.0 so my first thought was new gen connection codec version or channel LC3 instead of SBC meaning it uses much less power, runs on Bluetooth low energy radio, and allows for broadcasting audio to share to an unlimited amt of Bluetooth devices near by for simultaneously the same sound your listening to, to your buddies headset's or a venue organizer to stream Bluetooth audio to vistors during an event with its multi stream support. That could be it, i mean i didn't check specs but i do know the pods eat power compared to powerbeats so..
0 Likes
Solution
userlkqP2lXGJG
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

i disabled apple air play in the tv setting as part of my initial investigation and moments ago to confirm my memory; no durable remedy.

i am confident no current component firmware update, or signing into/out of any apple or samsung service affects durable remedy.   the powerbeats pro product and the samsung q50(32) are not reliably compatible as they currently exist in my home.  there are too many variables to exhaustively eliminate.  i am grateful for the typing of your brainshare and the time consumed to convey your thoughts.

all the best to readers today and future!!

jon

0 Likes