cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userWfKEgsgCoy
Asteroid

? how to browse and play home movies from a LAN DLNA server ?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello.  I have a UA40KU6000W TV which is DLNA certified.

I also have a Raspberry Pi on my home LAN acting as a DLNA server for home movies. 

How can I use my TV to connect to the DLNA server, choose a video to play, and play it ?

I have googled extensively and can't see instructions and the manual is no help.

Thank you.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
userWfKEgsgCoy
Asteroid

Re: ? how to browse and play home movies from a LAN DLNA server ?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Well well, your response about checking the "source" bar prompted me to check the cabling ... and once the TV was unplugged from one switch and plugged into another switch, the source appeared !

Great !

Now, all I need is for Samsung to change the DLNA source interface to display and work with "lists" rather than bulky blocky unfriendly one-large-icon-per-video !

Does anyone have a workaround so the TV displays lists ?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
usersXGPXzYahw
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Is your dlna server not showing up under source?

userWfKEgsgCoy
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello, and no nothing of that nature appears at all under "source".

I know the DLNA server exists and works fine, because I also have FetchTV box nearby and it sees the DLNA server and connects to it and plays videos from it.

userWfKEgsgCoy
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I also have a Windows 10 PC serving up DLNA (and other PCs with it switched on too) which the FetchTV box sees fine, however the TV doesn't see nor display it anywhere.

userWfKEgsgCoy
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Well well, your response about checking the "source" bar prompted me to check the cabling ... and once the TV was unplugged from one switch and plugged into another switch, the source appeared !

Great !

Now, all I need is for Samsung to change the DLNA source interface to display and work with "lists" rather than bulky blocky unfriendly one-large-icon-per-video !

Does anyone have a workaround so the TV displays lists ?

View solution in original post