cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

interface UHD tv with analog audio receiver

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I have a Samsung HD (UN50RU7100F) tv with AV & Component RCA jacks + the standard optical/USB/HDD/ARC/HDMI inputs. 
I also have a working Pioneer VSX-452 A/V receiver that up til the purchase of this tv, I was able to listen to audio thru my receiver speakers. 
The RCA jacks elicit static & hum & the optical sound was tinny & low with an adaptor.
1. Are my Component or AV jacks not working & should be able to produce audio thru my receiver speakers?
2. What are these AV/Component jacks for if they will not interface with my receiver & tv? After all, this the the only reason why I bought this tv!
3. Will any Spectrum compatible set-top box resolve this issue and allow me once again to listen to audio thru my tv?
4. Any other thoughts or solutions as to what I can do other than buying a digital receiver?
 Thank you 
1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: interface UHD tv with analog audio receiver

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The AV jacks on the back of the television are for Input, not for Output. 

For audio out, please use Optical Audio or HDMI ARC.

The only way the set top box would resolve the issue is if it has AV Output jacks as well as an HDMI port and is able to transmit to both.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: interface UHD tv with analog audio receiver

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The AV jacks on the back of the television are for Input, not for Output. 

For audio out, please use Optical Audio or HDMI ARC.

The only way the set top box would resolve the issue is if it has AV Output jacks as well as an HDMI port and is able to transmit to both.

View solution in original post