cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userUH7D1u1mrC
Asteroid

periodically screen goes black and sound stops. Must be turned off to temporarily reset.

Periodically the screen goes black and sound stops while watching TV.  The TV must be turned off for a few seconds.  When turned on it will work OK, sometimes for just a few minutes, sometimes days or weeks before doing it again.  Usually, when it does it once, it will do it repeatedly for hours until we give up and shut it off for at least 12 hours.

I can't test it with HDMI or any other input because the problem is too intermittent.

It does happen while watching streaming services such as Netflix.

Samsung S UHD TV Series 7 7000.

Model number UN50JS7000

11 REPLIES 11
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: periodically screen goes black and sound stops. Must be turned off to temporarily reset.

We are sorry to hear about this. Can you provide the software version on the TV? Settings>Support>About this TV

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userUH7D1u1mrC
Asteroid

Re: periodically screen goes black and sound stops. Must be turned off to temporarily reset.

When I get to the "settings" page I see nothing about software.  Only hardware, mac address, receiver type and name, tuners and storage.

userUH7D1u1mrC
Asteroid

Should have said o the "about" page.

No "about this TV" among the selections.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Try Settings>Support>Contact Samsung.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userUH7D1u1mrC
Asteroid

"Contact Samsung" is NOT one of the choices after entering "settings."

There is no "Support" choice in settings.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Sorry that you are unable to find this. You can call in to 800-726-7864 and ask for the remote support team to assist you.

user1zZSq5g9B7
Constellation

Having the same issues here. It's pretty horrible. Almost unwatchable cause you have to keep turning it on and off for about ten minutes before it finally stays on.

UN55JU6500FXZA. Have had the tv for three years. This is pretty ridiculous.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@user1zZSq5g9B7 Have you checked to verify the software/firmware is updated? Are there any damages to the power cord or outlet?

user1zZSq5g9B7
Constellation

@SamsungAl @@  yes, software is updated per samsung support and no damages to power outlet/co

I did find a workaround..annoying but a workaround for now.

As.soon as the tv powers up, I change the source to say hdmi2. I wait a few seconds then I switch it back to hdmi1 and the tv doesn't go blank.  

I think it's an issue with the software.

Can you tell me what the last update was and when it was pushed out?