cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: periodically screen goes black and sound stops. Must be turned off to temporarily reset.

Please just go to the menu to support and software update it will check for the latest update. If it states that the unit is up to date it should be good to go software wise.

Have you checked your HDMI Cables to make sure there were no bends or cuts within the cable itself? 

Also, what all devices do you have connected to the unit? If one of them have the CEC option it's possible it could be trying to tell the television to switch over to a different source. 

userUH7D1u1mrC
Asteroid

Re: periodically screen goes black and sound stops. Must be turned off to temporarily reset.

"Please just go to the menu to support and software update it will check for the latest update. If it states that the unit is up to date it should be good to go software wise.

Have you checked your HDMI Cables to make sure there were no bends or cuts within the cable itself?

Also, what all devices do you have connected to the unit? If one of them have the CEC option it's possible it could be trying to tell the television to switch over to a different source."

Did all of that.  There is NO "Support" option in the menu.  Not there.  HDMI cables are fine.

Have no idea what "CEC" means.  The only item attached is a Sony DVD player and it has been connected since day One.

Finally called Best Buy.  They sent two techs who found a "mother board" in the TV was not working properly.  They ordered a new one but it didn't help.  "Why?" you ask?  Because it was faulty, too!  They ordered a second one and we are awaiting installation.

userTu8zM1cPtv
Asteroid

For some reason, I think there is a serious issue with Samsung Smart TVs for connectivity on HDMI inputs. I turn off CEC function, then the soundbar cannot be detected on ARC and I need to use TV’s speakers only, or use optical cable to the soundbar, but then it does not support Dolby Atmos kind of high bandwidth signals. No eARC support on the tv is another problem as Dolby Atmos from 4K discs played on a 4K bluray player does not pass through from HDMI ARC of the tv to the Soundbar. Either no proper testing of the software or hardware issues on these TVs causing all sorts of issues I have been reading in this community.  It is really a headache. A two month old top of the range 8K TV, turning off and on intermittently. Tried every troubleshooting steps multiple times, and this is very tiring. Samsung is sending a technician home next week. One would assume that all these connections and CEC for ARC have already been standardised and a layman should be able to connect various devices and they handshake in signalling and work seamlessly,  which is sadly not the case. It is like you pay more money to get more pain. Even an electronics engineer like myself is puzzled with that many issues on these TVs. 

userDX3g81SJI9
Astronaut

Just curious - did the second installation help?  I was having the same volume issues with my 8-month-old Samsung.  A tech came and replaced the "mother board" back in November.  The tv was working fine until about a week ago and now I'm having the same volume issues!  I've NEVER had issues with ANY tv in my existence!  This is beyond frustrating!!!!