JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

"No Signal" from HDMI ports, UN50M5300

(Topic created on: 2/22/19 9:58 AM)
Jess11
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Bought this TV last summer, set it up as a "smart tv" and it worked fine. Decided to add Comcast cable and xbox to it after the holidays, so the Comcast guy came over w/a new box - no signal. Tried different cables, etc., no luck. Tried new Xbox One, no signal. Swapped out cables, reset TV (several times), no signal.

Plugged Xbox 360 into component, and that worked, but no signal thru HDMI. 

Tried live chat, they reset TV, but still no signal thru HDMI ports. USB, ethernet, wifi, and component all work.

Any ideas? 

TIA

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Understood. Please send us a private message to the link with your full serial number and the firmware version your tv is running. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in context

0 Likes
18 Replies
SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Do the HDMI ports seem loose when you connect an HDMI cable to it? Have you tried asking for a replacement box with Comcast to see if that is the root of the symptom? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
Jess11
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

HDMI ports seem fine - no wiggles, if that's what you mean.

I've swapped other cable boxes from around the house and the Xbox - all with different cables as well, no luck.

The red "power" graphic shows up next to HDMI on the "source" menu, but no signal...

very frustrating

Solution
SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Understood. Please send us a private message to the link with your full serial number and the firmware version your tv is running. 

View solution in context

0 Likes
Jess11
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Turns out the main board was bad. Under warranty, so tech came to the house. Whole repair, including signing paperwork,  took less than 10 minutes...

0 Likes
userYyStzwv7FU
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Did you go through the retail outlet or Samsung ?

0 Likes
Jess11
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Here (Samsung). PM'd w/TV info, turned out to be warranty work. Took the tech less time to swap out main boards than it took to dismount/mount TV...

0 Likes
usergjn67gCEgm
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

@Jess11 

Im facing the same issues.

so the whole problem is in the one connect box pcb/main board??

many thanks

0 Likes
Jess11
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I believe so. Swapped out and all has been fine since. Don't know if it came that way or failed early on, but the fix has worked for a year now.

0 Likes
userekruEEtvrH
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

im having the same issues with my tv. I happen to have a samsung plasma, i know kinda outdated but it seems like the overheating of the main board caused the hdmi to have no signal tho the port is a bit wiggly from the pulling of the wire as time progressed. at first i thought it was a problem with the cable box until i looked at a few videos showing what may have caused this issue and thats when i noticed how hot the main board got when i turned the tv back off and unplugged it during my own troubleshoot attempt lol. 

0 Likes