cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

samsung tv - this message board does not seem to help

this tv does not work right, I've posted this before.  Someone responded, said to try a different HDMI port.  There's only one!!!  and what does that have to do with the tv not working right.  I have an antenna, I"m not using the internet for anything except that tv Plus stuff that Samsung provides (which I never use).  So how do I fix.  this?  It's a brand new set, apparently Samsung has a lot of problems, because there are a lot of posts here.  Why not have some quality control before they ship these things? Do I sound angry?  Yes, I just spent $500 for a tv that doesnt work right, sure I'm angry.  Now during the coronavirus scare, I"m supposed to lug this thing back to Walmart and deal with half the people in the store?  NO thanks.  So - what should I do?  

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Product Expert

Re: samsung tv - this message board does not seem to help

Hey @userZAVcoaf14G ,

I am sorry that you are having problems with your TV.  What exactly is wrong with your set.  I know that you are only using an antenna but what are the symptoms you are experiencing.

Highlighted
Constellation

One of my problems is that when I turn the set on, quite often there is a gray screen with a msg saying that there is no video, audio only.  So I hold the power button down til it recycles and comes back on, that generally takes care of it.  But then it wil happen again, sometimes a day or two later. 

The next problem is Samsung.  I just bought this February 18.  I tried to take it back to Walmart but they have a 30 return policy for tv sets, so now i'm stuck with it apparently.  When I go to Samsung asking for assistance, I'm told that there is an "unusally high volume of calls today" (which is nonsense) and you can either be on hold for half the day or we can call you back.  Tried that twice, no one ever called.  So then I try the chat thing, end up with a guy doing troubleshooting using text messaging!!  Ridiculous.  What kind of service is this?  I want to return this thing before it blows up on me.  It's six weeks old, for crying out loud.   If this is the best that Samsung can do, then they should get out of the business because they seem to have forgotten that, without their customers, they are nothing.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

I'm sorry to hear that does this occurs on all sources? Have you tried using a different HDMI cable? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

@userZAVcoaf14G Can you provide the full model code of the TV so that I can better assist you?  Also, do you have anything connected to the TV?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Hi

Are you using the internet wirelessly?

If so, don't use an ethernet cable or a computer with HDMI, I find the wireless method eats all my bandwidth with the TV on or off, when I deleteated the wireless password (reset network) my bandwidth went back to normal, as you don't really describe your issue, all I suggest is don't use wireless, it's a hog