JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Server under maintenance

(Topic created: 07-31-2021 09:29 AM)
GCoffee
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Like many others, I am unable to use apps on my brand new Samsung because I am unable to download the terms and conditions.  Like many others, I get the message that the Samsung server is under maintenance.  I have tried resetting the settings, putting in dummy DNS numbers, and connecting through the MySmart phone app.  Nothing worked,

2 Replies
Melizard81
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs
I'm frustrated as well. I hope they fix this mess
0 Likes
Solution
GCoffee
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

This solution, offered by a Costco reviewer, worked for me, though I had to turn the power back on with the remote:

We're very happy with this TV overall. However, there are a couple of frustrating issues related to the software for the Smart Hub features. Upon setting up the TV, we were unable to accept the Terms & Conditions in spite of the fact the TV was connected to the internet. After about 5-7 minutes, it would advise that the Samsung server was undergoing maintenance and to try again later. After several weeks, this error persisted. The biggest frustration was that because we could not accept the Terms & Conditions, we could not update the firmware and we could not use or set up the apps like Netflix, Hulu, or Amazon Prime.

We had to scour the internet for a solution, though we were finally able to find it. The solution was to do a "soft reset" of the Smart Hub: with the TV on, press and hold the power button on the remote. The TV will turn off, and then turn on again. After it turns on, it had reset the Smart Hub connection correctly. We were then able to accept the Terms & Conditions and set up all of our apps.