JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

un50nu6950fxza TV - forces me to reset network settings every time I turn it on

(Topic created on: 3/1/20 11:42 AM)
userDlgh1QqMNp
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Hi there, my TV is only 3 months old, and I've been having this issue where every time I turn it on, it says it's connected to the Wifi network in the network settings, but when I try to watch something, I'm getting a "you're not connected to the Internet "error message and nothing loads. What fixes the issue is resetting the network settings every time and re-entering my Wi-Fi password. It's very annoying to have to reenter my wifi password on a small TV remote using TV screen keyboard, and I believe I shouldn't have to? How can this issue be fixed so that my TV continuously stays connected?

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungLarry
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I understand your frustration. I just want to make sure that it is just the Wifi not working properly and not the network. Can I have your full model code and serial number via private message?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
13 Replies
SamsungLarry
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Does this occur when the unit is connected with an ethernet cable?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userDlgh1QqMNp
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I dont know. The cable isn't long enough and it would need to run through the middle of living room to be connected to the TV. I bought a TV that's supposed to work with Wifi... so

0 Likes
userDlgh1QqMNp
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

No, your question in response to my question was not an actual answer. I also didn't see any follow up to my original question either. Connecting a physical LAN cable to the "smart" TV that is supposed to connect via Wi-Fi [which is why I purchased it at a premium in the first place] is not offering a solution, and all you're doing on this forum is deflecting, apparently. Unless I get a real answer in the next few days, I'm gonna be returning this awful box

Solution
SamsungLarry
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I understand your frustration. I just want to make sure that it is just the Wifi not working properly and not the network. Can I have your full model code and serial number via private message?

View solution in context

0 Likes
userDlgh1QqMNp
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I just sent you a photo of the TV label with all the info you should need

0 Likes
user174Wj4E2SR
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Did Samsung ever fix this issue or provide steps to resolve? I am having the same problem and no resolution. Very frustrating. 

userVGizcaKuvf
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Same issue with un49nu8000.  Shutting off and turning on a few times usually fixes.  Seems like it could be a weak signal issue but I can't find a signal strength indicator and there are no issues streaming once it is connected.  Very irritating.

0 Likes
userrVqvRvXeTI
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

The only workaround I've found for these garbage Samsung smart TVs is to hold down the power button on your remote for 3-5 seconds until the tv resets. You will know it has reset because the Samsung logo will flash on screen. I have to do this literally every time I want to use any network features on the TV, but it works every time.  

useriBAU8doXdr
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

You are a lifesaver I've been going thru this for quite sometime and i did what you said and it work..

Thanks for sharing you are my samsung hero :D

0 Likes