Original topic:

un65ku6500f remote and smart things issue

(Topic created on: 3/13/21 7:11 PM)
joethreeohthreeoh
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs
So my Samsung "smart" remote works maybe 10 days out of the year (except for the power button)

Incredibly frustrating, but i could deal with it because I would just use smart things on my phone.

Now smart things just says my TV is offline. It's not, as I'm watching Netflix and Hulu with it, and my phone is on the same network. I have no known fix, and the only way to use my TV is to turn on my Playstation, then shut it off so it shows the "no input" on my TV, with the "source" button highlighted, and use the back of the TV to operate the TV in a EXTREMELY limited manner. 

I'm a huge Samsung fan, as I have so many Samsung products. But good God is this TV garbage. It's been nothing but issues since day one, and now it's BARELY a functioning TV.

And it seems this remote and smart things issue isn't limited to me. The internet is loaded with customers with the same issue, to no known fix. 

Wondering if anyone has any ideas before I try and pawn this oversized paperweight to some poor sap.
0 Likes
3 Replies
SamsungGill
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Have you tried re-pairing the remote or replacing the batterie?

Please provide the current software version of the unit so that we can best assist.

0 Likes
joethreeohthreeoh
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs
yes. when the remote decides to work, it'll say "searching for devices" and then "connecting to the Samsung smart remote" on the top of the TV.

but 90% of the time, when you press the two buttons to pair it, it says "not available" on the center of the screen.

there's really no rhyme or reason to it.

and I can get you the exact version number in a bit, but I know for a fact it is up to date. i keep hoping there will be a fix so I always check for updates.
0 Likes
SamsungGill
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Have you tried a replacement remote?

If it's not connecting correctly, it may not be up to date.

0 Likes