cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Asteroid

un65tu7000fxza new Crystal 7 series- will not hold WiFi Connection

Brand new Crystal UHD 7 series (65") I've determined it is defective.

• Using WiFi
  • Signal is Strong - Router is in adjacent room
  • Connects at first (full signal strength)
  • Drops after a few minutes and will not reconnect
  • Doing a hard poweroff (hold power button) brings it back... for a minute or two, then it drops again

I have tried:

• Using a WiFi range extender plugged in the same room and connecting TV to that. All the same as above
  • Factory reset the TV and started again, same result
  • Rebooted router
  • No other wifi devices have this occurring
  • Firmware update: not available (version 1410)

Just throwing this out here since it will be a few days before I can return it. Maybe somebody knows something. I'm an IT guy, I'm familiar with all general troubleshooting. The fact it will reconnect after a hard reboot every single time, but then drop again and refuse to reconnect any other way, is telling.

5 REPLIES 5
Asteroid

Re: un65tu7000fxza new Crystal 7 series- will not hold WiFi Connection

I just tried the trick of turning off "Instant On" in the secret menu (mute+182+power)

Not real hopeful of this, as the connectivity gets lost while in use, not between power-ons, but we will see. It doesn't take long to find out. This thing stays connected 5 minutes at best

Asteroid

Failed. Disconnected again. Won't reconnect without rebooting the TV. This thing is a dud. 

It's going to be a few days before I can return it, so I'd like to find out if anyone else is experiencing this who happened to pick up this model. It's new and it has been selling like crazy from what I can tell. I just want to know if I should try replacing it or get something else. I guess time will tell.

Constellation

Same. It will not allow us to downloads apps. It says server is down. 

Asteroid

Having the same issue. Did you get something else?
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

I am sorry to hear about this. Please cold boot the television using the following steps.

Turn on the TV.

Press and hold Power on the remote until the television turns off and back on.
Reconnect to your WiFi network.

If you continue to have issues with tour connection, please send the serial number for the TV to this PM Link.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.