cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: update firmware via usb, doesn't go for search in usb

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It absolutely requires firmware for/from the region it was sold, for language and lots of other reasons. Further, Samsung Support mods here in USA will not help you. Good luck finding the right firmware for your TV.

View solution in original post

user7rBXg9mV8Q
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

do you have any idea, how should I find the right firmware?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I don't know--if you are in US then they seem somehow to restrict surfing to USA. If you can't find it by searching online, you may have to actually pick-up a telephone and call them, or just call a service company near you to see if they can advise.

user7rBXg9mV8Q
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

thanks for your time and help

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You're welcome. I did try searching on "Samsung Egypt" and quickly got lost in language issues. Here's a link that didn't work for me but maybe it will help; probably the "in" means India, but the sample model in the screenshot looks familiar:

https://www.samsung.com/in/support/tv-audio-video/how-to-upgrade-firmware-of-samsung-smart-tv-throug...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Never mind, I found this by surfing your model without the XRQ:

https://www.samsung.com/ae/support/model/UA40J5200AKXZN/

Maybe its still wrong, but there is hope, though the firmware shown 1067.2 might be the same as yours meaning there IS NO update for your set... :-(

user7rBXg9mV8Q
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I searched the web and i found this :

https://www.samsung.com/n_africa/support/model/UA40J5200AWXAB?wgu=10715_73669_15515642366378_b2b1d32...

I can't understand the page's language but :

the firmware shown 1067.2 and there is another one (1129.1)

interesting fact is that the 1067.2 firmware was published on 2018/10 and  the 1129.1 one was published on 2018/6 Smiley Surprised 

as same as your link it has UA40J5200A in its link but I'm scared that if I try to Update my set, it goes wrong and situation go from bad to worse. I am in two minds about it. 

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I agree, the 1129.1 seems wrong.

Unless there is something specific that you need, or is a problem with your set, you would probably be better off to just leave well enough alone.

I would hope that Samsung's engineers would design the sets to not attempt to install wrong firmware, but...you could end-up with a bricked TV.

Highlighted
user7rBXg9mV8Q
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

problem of my set is that whenever I connect my laptop to TV via wireless,  screen refresh rate is very low (30Hz) and picture is kind of slow-motion and it is very annoying.

I surfed the net and suggested solution was updating the firmware of TV set.