JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Volume Gets Stuck on my Samsung TV

(Topic created: 12-20-2020 10:08 AM)
LadyEvil
Cosmic Ray
Options
HD and UHD TVs

We have been having issues on our tv with the volume. When trying to move up or down its moves once and goes right back to what it was at. We have tried on the samsung, firestick and DirecTV remote with all having same issue. We have to reset tv numerous times for it to work. This happens daily and is very frustrating. 

224 Replies
userT4fyiTl4f1
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Thank you so much for this solution!  I've been through a number of calls with samsung for them to ultimately not be able to fix the issuea dn telling me it needs new parts.  The costs to fix were around $400 through their service company and we were considering just buying a new TV.  Resetting the smart hub is NOT a step that samsung had me try at all, they pretty much did everything but reset the smart hub!  After resetting smart hub the TV works perfectly again!  The volume was sticking, apps were disappearing and losing login info.  Thank you!

0 Likes
hawaiitowman
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I found the reset smart hub on the self diagnostic tab

0 Likes
user1fRoqOneD1
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I tried everything here and this is the ONLY solution: . It has to do with smart hunb, updates, and drives sace on your tv. Your smart tv is limited in storage, so just plug in an external usb, reset your smart hub, and everything back to factory sertings. Then install and update your apps to the USB when it asks you where you want to save them.  

Looks like the tv bugs out when it is at 100% drive capacity and this is the solution. Too bad nobody else figured it out. 

0 Likes
userDLunRT73oB
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Thank you!  I followed your instructions but it's not letting me disable it.  

Diane

0 Likes
OffroaderSD
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Same thing has happened to me a few times and is currently doing it now. I thought it was my cable box remote so I switched to TV remote and same thing.  It went away on its own before,  but now the TV won't even connect with Samsung servers so I can use the Plex app that I wanted to.

0 Likes
LadyEvil
Cosmic Ray
Options
HD and UHD TVs
we ended up doing a factory reset on the tv and so far it's working! keeping my fingers crossed it doesn't happen again.
userVnpr1eQdhc
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I found one solution, reset the smart hub.

0 Likes
userEtwQEmW3vm
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

We are having the same problem for awhile now, I have to keep resetting the tv before it works and it's very annoying. Have you got yours fix yet?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I am sorry to hear about this. Please cold boot the television using the following steps.

Turn on the TV.

Press and hold Power on the remote until the television turns off and back on.
Reconnect to your WiFi network.

If you continue to have issues with your audio, please send the serial number for the TV to this PM Link.

userP0xalUgnrh
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs
This worked for us.

Reset Smart Hub
  1. Press the Home button on your remote control.
  2. Using the directional pad on you remote, navigate to and select Settings.
  3. Navigate to and select Support.
  4. Select Device Care.
  5. Select Self Diagnosis.
  6. Navigate to and select Reset Smart Hub.
  7. Enter the PIN for your TV.
  8. Your Smart Hub has now been reset.
0 Likes