cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cosmic Ray

volume gets stuck and won't move up or down

JUMP TO SOLUTION
We have been having issues on our tv with the volume. When trying to move up or down its moves once and goes right back to what it was at. We have tried on the samsung, firestick and DirecTV remote with all having same issue. We have to reset tv numerous times for it to work. This happens daily and is very frustrating. 
1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Re: volume gets stuck and won't move up or down

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello @LadyEvil, if you have tried everything that @userYzmTcqrrMp has provided above then send me a private message with your full model and serial number so that I can look into this for you. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

62 REPLIES 62
Asteroid

Re: volume gets stuck and won't move up or down

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've had the same issue and tried everything listed in these forums.

I've read: 

1. New batteries in the remote

2. Power cycle the TV

3. Reset the audio

4. Reset the TV to factory default

5. Remove batteries from remote, hold power button for 10 seconds

6. Remove batteries from remote, hold power button for 40-50 seconds

7. Hold the 'down' arrow and 'pause buttons simultaneously until a message displays "remote learned"

None of these worked! After troubleshooting and using my process of elimination, I discovered disabling 'Autorun Smart Features' solved my problem! 

In short:

SETTINGS > GENERAL > SMART FEATURES > AUTORUN SMART HUB (disable) 

I hope this helps. 20201110_040623.jpg

Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Thank you. Just turned it off. Crossing my fingers this works!
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

reset the smart hub. worked for me

Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

this worked for me too, thank you!!   I didn't have the option to "disable autorun smart featers" as the button wouldn't change anything - but saw the option on a different screen to reset the smart hub so tried that.  We were just about to buy a new TV due to this -so I'm happy it worked!

Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Where did you find this screen I also cannot unclick the setting

Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Which screen did you go to. I am having the same problem where the button won't disable. 

Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Where did you find the option to reset the smart hub?

@userP0xalUgnrh wrote:

this worked for me too, thank you!!   I didn't have the option to "disable autorun smart featers" as the button wouldn't change anything - but saw the option on a different screen to reset the smart hub so tried that.  We were just about to buy a new TV due to this -so I'm happy it worked!

Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION
well, it didn't help. and now its freezing up the tv. I love Samsung, but I may never buy there TV again. disappointing 😢
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello @LadyEvil, if you have tried everything that @userYzmTcqrrMp has provided above then send me a private message with your full model and serial number so that I can look into this for you. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post