JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Volume Gets Stuck on my Samsung TV

(Topic created: 11-09-2020 05:55 PM)
LadyEvil
Cosmic Ray
Options
HD and UHD TVs

We have been having issues on our tv with the volume. When trying to move up or down its moves once and goes right back to what it was at. We have tried on the samsung, firestick and DirecTV remote with all having same issue. We have to reset tv numerous times for it to work. This happens daily and is very frustrating. 

JUMP TO SOLUTION
224 Replies
floydvoid
Comet
Options
HD and UHD TVs

i have this same problem on my 55" curved screen samsung.

sometimes pairing the remote helps (press the back and pause button at the same time), but this morning when i turned on the tv only the power button would work. no volume or anything... not even the above mentioned pair technique.

what i done was(with the tv on) press and hold power button down for 10 seconds and the tv reset, came back on and i got the notification on the top of screen saying it logged into my samsung account (about 20 or 30 seconds) then i was able to pair my remote and everything has been working fine since, but will it last idk. hope this helps.

0 Likes
chandra567
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs
I am having the same issue
0 Likes
chandra567
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs
my model is UN65MU6500F
0 Likes
userDZPe70OZ7Q
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I am having all the same problems,  volume freezing, mute sticking, all the suggested fixes have not worked yet.    Only thing seems to work is unplugging tv and the last about 1-2 hours. 

Model UN50NU630DFXZA

Any additional suggestions/fixes?  Quite annoying and disappointing consider TV is fairly new.

0 Likes
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Feel free to send us a private message as well and we would be happy to look into this further.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
NestwickNY
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Hi! 

I've been having the same issue with my Samsung TV, model no. UN55MU6290F. It's been happening for about two weeks. I tried the solution of taking out the batteries and pressing the power button for 50 seconds and putting back the batteries.  It helped for a few hours but then the issue returned.  Batteries are also new. My tv doesn't allow me to disable autorun smart features. I did find the option to reset the smart hub so hopefully this sticks! I really love Samsung TVs but this issue would prevent me from purchasing another one from Samsung! 

Thanks all. 

0 Likes
useroWccBZGd1V
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I am having same problem and also will not load Netflix or Hula.  Spend more time unplugging and plugging TV back in it is a joke.  Have tried all recommended fixes, but to no avail.  Sad thing is TV is only 3 years old.  I have other TV's over 10 years and still play perfect (Not Samsungs).  Looking at this board, and others, it seems Samsung has some serious issues with their TV's.  If anyone finds a patch that actually works please let us know.  In the meantime it looks like I will be doing a little TV shopping.  Promise you it will not be a Samsung.  

userYcjWGzomUG
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

The volume on my TV won't consistently increase or decrease, using either remotes (the remote that came with the TV or my DirecTV remote). Every now and then it will work to increase/decrease volumes. Other/most times, the current volume number will appear on the TV screen when I hit the volume +/- buttons, but the volume won't change. HELP!!!! Thank you:)  Model un50mu630df

0 Likes
userltVemIND3f
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

This is happening to me as well. I also see countless other people having the same issue when I first tried to Google the answer. I've tried all the suggestions they have had and nothing works. I think it's just time to move on and never buy a Samsung product again

usershVQjYiWJ6
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Try removing Apps from the Home Screen. Access your downloaded apps from the apps menu. Certain apps do not exit all the way (i.e YouTube for me) from the home screen and maybe interfering with other sources in turn causing the volume to freeze. I've tried all the rest to no avail. This seems to be working so far. Hope it sticks and hope this helps.