Waterwall vain not moving. DW80J7550UG/AA

Asteroid

Re: Waterwall vain not moving. DW80J7550UG/AA

If you are hearing a grinding noise chances are the gearing in the motor is now toast. You can purchase a complete assembly that includes motor, sensor, and seal on ebay. What I believe is happening is that the sensor does not pick up magnet and motor continues to drive watervane into stops which then tears up gearing before the motor stops. 

Here is ebay link to the complete assembly for only $20!! 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Samsung-DD97-00216A-OEM-ASSY-COVER-NOZZLE-DW9900H-COMM/273176567861?epid=16...Smiley Tongue

The magnet part number is DC61-03184A

Just do a google search and there are many places that sell it. 

Asteroid

The magnet part number is DC61-03184A

Just do a google search and there are many places that sell it. 

Constellation

What's the website you found the magnet at?

Constellation

Where can I get the replacement magnet?

Highlighted
Constellation

Same here.. redid kitchen with Chef's Collection in 2014.

3 service calls on fridge ice maker starting first year. Still fighting it but refuse to pay out of warranty service call and updated equipment to resolve freezing up, so I just keep defrosting it.

same with dishwasher...3 service calls starting first month. Now grinding noise followed by shout down with 7e  error code. Hoping someone will share where to acquire a replacement magnet.

Astronaut

I found the motor and assembly but it’s between $95 and $135 USD. Are you sure the $20 you mention on eBay included the motor?

Constellation

i have the same problem.  Samsung dishwasher DW80J7550UG.  when started it would just attempt to start and stop. over and over before finally starting and then bottom not getting washed.  purchased in 2016 so outside the 12 month warranty, but was informed that if it Samsung sent someone out it could be diagnosed and determined if the part needing to be replaced was covered under a limited warranty.  Samsung sent a technichian out who diagnosed it as the waterwall thingy.  Submitted his ticket and Samsung stated the part was covered under the limited warranty so the part would be free, but i still had to pay labor.  I went ahead with the repair and ta-da, it worked again with no issues!!!  well now, not even two months, same thing.  bottom dishes are not being cleaned and i do not believe the waterwall is moving.  Did anyone find a magnet that worked, if thats the problem?  im willing to try.  i cant afford a new dishwasher and i cant afford to keep paying them to come repair every two months!

Astronaut

Same issue - Model DW80J7550UG, 2 years old. Grinding noise on start for about 10-15 seconds. Waterfall Vain never moves. $350 into a repair that has done nothing. Wish I had found this forum sooner.

C'mon Samsung - this is TERRIBLE!