2018 Samsung UHD UN50NU6900 old Hulu app.

Constellation

2018 Samsung UHD UN50NU6900 old Hulu app.

I’m utterly confused by this right now. I got this new Samsung 4K Smart TV today and have so far mostly enjoyed my experience with it, until going into the Hulu app. It still has the old version of Hulu on it, which doesn’t let you switch profiles or anything. I looked on Hulu and it said any Samsung tv from 2017 or newer would have the updated user interface. So before contacting support I checked for a software update for the tv and sure enough it needed one. However this didn’t fix the problem. Contacted Samsung support and was told to contact Hulu. Contact Hulu and they said yeah you should have the new one, but oh well, you know you can just get a Roku or fire stick right? Well yeah, I do know that, but the app is supposed to be there and it’s not. Even in the App Store it has screenshots of the new app!! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

25 REPLIES
Samsung Moderator

Re: 2018 Samsung UHD UN50NU6900 old Hulu app.

I do apologize for your experience. The updated app will need to be sent out to your television by the Hulu development team. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Constellation

Okay, and how exactly should I go about doing that?
Samsung Moderator

This is something controlled by Hulu directly as Samsung does not control the development of the Hulu app. You're welcome to reach out to them directly. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Asteroid

Try deleting the app .. doing a factory reset on the tv. then reinstalling the app.

Constellation

I have the exact same tv and issue so I want to follow this thread. Any luck resolving?

Constellation

Same issue for me as well. Any update?

Constellation

I have the same issue on the same model TV.  Please advise how to contact the development team to get the updated Hulu software.

Constellation

I'm sorry, but I don't think that will work in this case.  I think this is a Samsung issue, the reason being that Hulu was a pre-loaded app on this model, so it will not allow the app to be deleted.  I think this is the reason it will also not upgrade to the newer Hulu+ app (because it would have to uninstall the Hulu app first, which it can't do).

I'm hoping this is what is happening and that Samsung can identify a solution to the issue.

Samsung Moderator

@ userDtYk1ErO9d What is the current software that your television is running? When did the symptom start? Have you done a Smart Hub reset?