2018 Samsung UHD UN50NU6900 old Hulu app.

Constellation

Re: 2018 Samsung UHD UN50NU6900 old Hulu app.

Not the OP but same issue. Tried a hub reset, no luck. Hulu version is 5.1.244, TV OS software v1009.0, current version installed. I chatted with Hulu support and they said my TV is compatible and should have the new Hulu app. No option to uninstall the app as it's pre-loaded. I tried "re-installing" but same version. Seems like we're stuck with the old version for some reason.

Samsung Moderator

Have you tried changing the country code on the television and changing it back? Here is a link to find that information: http://bit.ly/2rDdPuX

Constellation

I have the same issue as the OP and tried to change the country code to a different country as you suggested, but when I changed it back to the United States, the old Hulu app came back, Hulu version 5.1.244

Constellation

Same issue, anyone come up with a solution yet?
Constellation

I bought the this model today, and i have the same issue re Hulu app. hoping for a solution soon. 

Constellation

Called Hulu customer support.  They said this TV is not compatible with Hulu Live TV.  They also said that not all 2018 Samsung TVs are compatible.  They offered that a Chromcast, Firestick, etc... would be.

Samsung Support only had a list of TV compatible with Hulu.  No differentiation on Classic or New app.

Constellation

thanks for the info. I'll be sure to mention that it is not compatible for the Hulu live app on my customer review for this particular tv. I am probably going to return to store, and go with any brand. The whole reason i went with this 'Smart' TV was for the apps. Shame on me for not researching a little more thoroughly.

Astronaut

Hi I have the same tv model but my Hulu app won’t play video. (Hulu account works on all of my other devices so this is an issue with the tv). It will load all the information on shows and episodes but when I select an episode a few adds play and then a message comes up saying “playback failure” indicating this is not an internet connection issue since the ads still play

can you help me?

Samsung Moderator

Is Hulu the only app that is giving you this problem?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Constellation

I have the same issue with a Model # UN50NU6950FXZA.  Hulu with live works on all other devices, including another Samsung Samrt TV, but has the old version on this brand new tv.  It has a different, very confusing interface and can't see all of the channels/programs.  Can get clips on some shows, but not full programs.  No error messages. 

Any resolution?  this is unacceptable for a new smart TV, the whole point is to stream tv through the apps.  Other apps seam to be working ok.

Could I search for Hulu on the app search screen and possibly get the new version?  

Help!!