Can't connect to Wifi HW-MS650 Soundbar

SOLVED
Highlighted
Constellation

Can't connect to Wifi HW-MS650 Soundbar

[ Edited ]

Hi, So I got the new MS650 Soundbar, but I've been trying to connected to Wifi for 3 days now with no luck.

So the only way to connect it is using the Samsung Multiroom app, but it just doesn't work.

The app finds my bar, but it tries to connect than just get an error message "" Ubable to connect your speaker to the network"

I tried using my Android phone, and I tried using an Ipad with no luck, I also tried connecting over 2.4 and 5ghz network.

I rebooted my modem, played around with wireless settings and nothing.

I feel like half the features of the soundbar are non usable and also wont be able to get firmware uptades.

I tried calling customer support but they weren't any help.

Any idea what could be wrong?

it's out of stock in most places, so my only option is returning it unless I can figure this out.

Any help is appreciated.

Here's the Soundbar I got: http://www.samsung.com/us/televisions-home-theater/home-theater/sound-bars/sound--premium-soundbar-h...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Asteroid
Solution
Accepted by topic author useruRi6OWvT3m
‎05-10-2017 05:42 PM

Re: Can't connect to Wifi HW-MS650 Soundbar

Hi,

I just found a solution that worked for me.

I unplugged the power cable from the soundbar. Waited a couple of seconds, then plugged it back in.

Immediately after that, i pressed the add speaker btn and entered the password for the wifi in the app. 

The soundbar connected after 5 seconds. 

Hopefully this will also work for you.

32 REPLIES
Asteroid

Hi,

I got the same unit today, and I am also having issues connecting it to my wifi.

I press the add speaker button, the app sees the speaker, I give my wifi and password. Then after 1 min I get the same error as you.

Did you fix the issue, or does anyone know the solution?

Asteroid
Solution
Accepted by topic author useruRi6OWvT3m
‎05-10-2017 05:42 PM

Hi,

I just found a solution that worked for me.

I unplugged the power cable from the soundbar. Waited a couple of seconds, then plugged it back in.

Immediately after that, i pressed the add speaker btn and entered the password for the wifi in the app. 

The soundbar connected after 5 seconds. 

Hopefully this will also work for you.

Samsung Moderator

Thank you for your input!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Constellation

Your are a saint! I follwed your instruction and finally it detected.

I was at this for 4 days now, and it was stressting me out.

Thank you so much my man!

Asteroid

Glad it worked out for you.

It really is a nice piece of hardware, i was also stressing at some point.

Grtz

Constellation

I'm having the exact same problem. Could you provide a bit more details on the solution?

I tried unplugging the soundbar, plugging it in and powering it on, going to wifi mode, and using the multiroom app to new setup & add speaker, still hangs on the connecting to wifi.

Any other tips?

Samsung Moderator

Have you tried these steps in order?

Pre-connection Checklist

1. Confirm that your Samsung smart TV was released after 2014. This function is compatible only with Samsung smart TVs released after 2014. 2. Make sure your Wireless router (Wi-Fi) is ready and working.

3. Make sure that the TV is connected to the Wireless router (your Wi-Fi network).

Step 1 : Connecting the Soundbar to Wi-Fi 1. Press the (Source) button on the right side of the Soundbar or on the remote control to select “WIFI” mode.

• When using a Samsung smart TV released in 2016 or 2017,

– If you select “WIFI” mode when the TV is turned on, the TV screen displays a pop-up window providing instructions on how to automatically connect the Soundbar to a wireless router (Wi-Fi). Refer to instructions in the pop-up window of TV. WIFI

2. Connect your mobile device (smartphone, tablet etc.) to the Wi-Fi network the TV is connected to.

3. Install and launch the Samsung Multiroom app on your mobile device (smartphone, tablet etc.). Samsung Multiroom app Android iOS

4. Follow the instructions in the app screen on the mobile device to connect the Soundbar to your Wi-Fi network.

Step 2 : Configuring Settings on the TV

• If the TV disconnects from your wireless network after you change the input source to the Soundbar, use the TV menu to connect the TV to the network again.

For TVs released in 2017

1. Home menu --> Settings --> Sound --> Sound Output --> Select [AV] Soundbar MSxxx (Wi-Fi)

2. The Soundbar outputs TV sound.

For TVs released in 2016

1. Home menu --> Settings --> Sound --> Sound Output --> Select [AV] Samsung Soundbar MSxxx (Wi-Fi)

For TVs released in 2015

1. Home menu --> Sound --> Speaker List --> Select [AV] Samsung Soundbar MSxxx (Wi-Fi)

For TVs released in 2014

1. Home menu --> Sound --> Speaker Settings --> Select Multiroom Link - Settings --> Soundbar+Surround.

2. From the Soundbar menu item, select “[AV] Samsung Soundbar MS650” and then select “OK”.

3. Home menu --> Sound --> Speaker Settings --> Select TV Sound Output --> Multiroom Link 

4. The Soundbar outputs TV sound.

NOTES

• The TV and Soundbar must be connected to the same wireless network (Wi-Fi).

• If your wireless router (Wi-Fi) uses a DFS channel, you will not be able to to establish a Wi-Fi connection between the TV and Soundbar. Contact your Internet service provider for details.

Astronaut

Hi,

I tried the differents options and it doesn't work for me.

My TV is a 65Q8C and it doesn't detect the soundbar.

Do you have any idea?

Frederic

Samsung Moderator

@userA70EiqyrCs, How are you connected to the television?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.