Can't connect to Wifi HW-MS650 Soundbar

SOLVED
Constellation

Re: Can't connect to Wifi HW-MS650 Soundbar

Jumping on this thread . I can't connect to wifi either... Tv is connected, but soundbar wont connect no matter what I try... 

Samsung Moderator

Hello userCSelPxS8Cs, do you have the same model? Are you using the multiroom app?

Constellation

Hello... I have a HW-MS6500. My tv ( Samsung UE65KS9000)  picks up the soundbar to connect to the network, but it fails to connect... I have also tried the Samsung multiroom app, but it fails to connect with hat also.  Also I can't get my tv remote to adjust the volume.

Samsung Moderator

userCSelPxS8Cs, regrettably support for non-US models is very limited. We suggest reaching out to a support team in your area for further assistance. You can do so by using the following link: http://www.samsung.com/visitcountry Thanks!

Astronaut

Dear all, please help me to connect my smart tv samsung uef7000 to ms650 via bluetooth.

Constellation

Truly, beyond frustrating!

I just got my MS6500 and did exactly as instructed in the setup manual.  Instructions came on the TV, connected fine.  I am now disconnected and cannot reconnect.  I have tried everything - no luck.  TV says that I am unable to connect to the soundbar via wifi.  How frustrating!

Help Please

I am ready to return the unit - seriously...

Constellation

SOLVED:  I reset all settings and went through the complete setup of the TV and it finally reconnected with the soundbar.  Whew!  

Constellation

WiFi disconnected again.  I have researched the web, tried to follow every link I find to assist.  No help.  I am giving this soundbar 3x days - then she is packed up and returned.

Astronaut

I had the same problem.  Tv is Samsung h7100 and just got the ms650 soundbar.  I was messing around with it for 2 days until i found a solution.  It had to do with my router.  I found a post somewhere on line that the sound bar tries to connect to wifi using 2.4GHz and it needs to connect via 5.0GHz.  I am no expert so this may not make sense but it connects everytime now with the multiroom app.  I had to go into my router settings and dissable the 2.4GHz channel.  Once I did this it connected to wifi no problem.  I then went back into the router settings and re enabled the 2.4GHz channel because other things connect to it I guess.  It now connects and there are no problems.  I hope this helps someone.

Asteroid

My new Samsung HW-MS650/ZA Soundbar would not connect to WI-FI & I sent it in to Samsung for repair. They replaced the Network-WYLAN Client and the Main HW PCB Assembly and returned the unit in 2 days. Outstanding service but UPS ground took 4 days each way. This fixed the WI-FI connection problem and the soundbar can now function as a stand alone speaker in addition being connected to my LG 65B OLED TV via HDMI/ACR cable. Samsung CS really did a great job with online help and repair assistance. Kudos to these folks who easy to deal with. The unit connected online and updated the firmware to version 1145.1 The LG TV remote controls the volume & on/off of the MS650.