Can't connect to Wifi HW-MS650 Soundbar

SOLVED
Astronaut

Re: Can't connect to Wifi HW-MS650 Soundbar

I have the same problem. Can't get it to connect to WiFi, no matter what.

App finds the soundbar, unable to connect to WiFi. Alternate method allows me to connect to Soundbar Wifi but when you return to the App, nothing happens. Stuck with the continue button greyed out.

I don't get anything appear on the TV screen - does Soundbar have to be connected via HDMI for this to happen? I currently have it connected via Optical cable so as not to use up a HDMI input as there are only 3. I've tried the TV connected to the network Wired and Wireless. No difference.

Will try disabling the 2.4 GHz WiFi channel on the router tonight and retry. The power off/on thing made no difference.

Seems enough people are having this problem for Samsung to investigate, surely?

Dave.

Supernova

I would recommend repairs on the unit. If you would like more information, you can send us a private message to http://bit.ly/2CGMMUe with your phone number as well as the model number and the serial number of the unit.

Samsung Moderator

Please get that to us as soon as you can.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Constellation

We never get the pop up on our tv after turning soundbar on WiFi!  Tv is connected to WiFi.  Any help appreciated 

thanks

Constellation

Yes we have all the same problems after trying all suggestions! Very frustrating!
Liz
Supernova

Can I get the full model number of the unit in question? 

Astronaut

Thanks. Have been trying for a long time and this helped

Astronaut

The same issue has now affected me, all was well until I set up the surround speakers, now no WiFi message.

Tried everything to no avail - so annoying, funny wecarecall now getting this.

Samsung take notice please and sort out a solution, or mine will be going back shortly.

Any other ideas will be used from those joining this thread.

Constellation

Hi,

You must turn on your location services on your mobile or tablet before starting to use Samsung Multiroom app for the first time.

Constellation

I have a WiFi-problem with that soundbar too. It keeps connecting to my 5 Ghz WiFi instead of the 2.4 Ghz that I wish to have it connected to. I have figured out, that if I put my mobile phone on the 2.4 Ghz network before setting up the soundbar, it connects to 2.4 Ghz, but suddenly it is connected to the 5 Ghz instead. How do I force it to stay on 2.4 Ghz?