DTS-X support for HW-K950!!!

Cosmic Ray

Re: DTS-X support for HW-K950!!!

userSo0UJAg62u wrote:

I think K950 is great soundbar and Im very satisfied customer. Most of the discussion here is written by people who are a bit too heavy users with high demands. For users who use streaming services to watch movies/series K950 is perfect, because all the big services (Netflix, Amazon, HBO) are using Dolby codecs. To being honest I think that 4k Blu-Ray and normal Blu-Ray are both dying formats. Future of movies and series surround sound is with Dolby and I think there is much room for DTS-X. At the moment Im really waiting to get Dolby Atmos support for Apple 4K tv, that is going to be a game changer. Also I need to say that K950 is very good for gaiming (At least PS4)

Sure, there are a lot of people here with high demands. And that is to expected when the soundbar costs 1 500 USD or more. The issue here is that Samsung deliberately limits the soundbar and denies it's customers the best they could get from it.

- Do you believe DTS-HD Master Audio is a high demand? A format that has been widely available on Blu-ray since 2010.

- Do you believe LPCM 5.1 is a high demand? A surround sound format used with Apple TV 4K, Nintendo Switch and Playstation 4 / 4 Pro. You won't get the best uncompressed sound-quality from you PS4.

- Do you believe RGB-supprt is a high demand? Limiting HW-K950 to YCbCr 4:2:0 is unjustified by Samsung. On all levels of lazy development. And you won't get the best image-quality from you PS4.

- Do you believe fixing all issues with disconnecting of speakers and noise is a high demand?

The list is longer, but I will stop there. There is just so many limitations imposed by Samsung for no apparent reason at all. 

Asteroid

Very well said. I believe anything above 2.0 might be a hardware limitation on this 2 year old model as well as a more advanced pass through. But I see no reason why Samsung cannot give us dis hd and dtsx or at least reply to our requests in a decent and professional manner. After all we are not talking about neucleuar secreats or national security. They are still running a guide on homepage of the abs forum stating it has dtsx

Constellation

I totally agree. We all went out and spent a lot of money to buy a very pricey top of the line Soundbar. Yes, the dolby atmos is amazing and this system at the time was the only Soundbar offering it, but I think we all could agree that a dts-x update  is well overdue and would definetly put this system over the top for all of us who went outside of the norm and dropped 1500.00 on a sound bar system not named Sonos or Bose!

So please samsung... Give us the update us k950 owners want and keep some loyal samsung audio owners. 

Constellation

I totally agree. Even if they officially come back and say it is happening or it’s never going to happen. Please Samsung in the Uk this is £1300. All I want is to have fantastic sound from all blu rays. DTS HD MA and DTS X should be added and soon. Please restore my faith in you that you can look after your customers who have spent a fortune on this. More than some people’s monthly wage in the UK. I love this with Atmos and I want the same experience with DTS X. Why is the advert on the AVSForum for this soundbar littered with reference to DTSX? This is completely false advertising unless you are going to add, them please do it soon. Pretty please!!!!!!

Constellation

I just bought this sound bar and really like it, I had no idea the restrictions it had when I purchased it because the name SAMSUNG stands for quality, and confidence in electronics.  I own many, many products of yours and am more than pleased with all....except the limitations on this 950 soundbar. I want to join the others on the hoards of threads suggesting the firmware updates.. please get to work on this and restore my faith in your products.....you, (Samsung) guys are everywhere, with every product imaginable out for purchase, it would be a shame to leave all of us buyers of the 950 without a SAMSUNG product that falls below expectations!!!!!!PS. I am not the wisest, most knowledgeable electronic consumer,  thst is why i have always trusted your name when i buy electronics .....don't let me down on this one, I have a lot more money to spend on your products!!!!!🥇

Constellation

I really hope this DTS:X / DTS-HDMA update will be happening.

Unless it's a hardware problem, I can't see why it wouldn't be possible to update the firmware of the soundbar.

Thanks in advance.
Constellation

[ Edited ]

Update: one day this sound bar works, the next day it cuts in and out. I would return this if I could for a reliable and consistent product but I have had it too long and threw out the boxes. I got it for $800 but still am mad about it. Way too many planets need to line up to get great sound, let alone ATMOS.

Constellation

It’s funny how a Samsung mod edited your statement for some reason but not one mod or Samsung rep comments on any of the issues raised on this or any other HW-K950 thread. It’s as if everything we are telling them/asking them is falling on deaf ears. Someone please tell us once and for all. Is DTS X happening or not for Pete’s sake?

Samsung Moderator

We edit posts to keep them within terms of service. If we have to remove a post, you would be privately messaged about it with explanation of why. The request for this feature has been escalated already but it is only a request and we cannot guarantee it will be added. We also cannot speculate on the release of future updates/features so we have zero idea when this might be added. I am truly sorry that I cannot answer your plea for this feature. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Constellation

We understand that you shouldn't and can't speculate, but you're representing Samsung here. Please connect internally with the engineering teams and find out what is or is not on the way.