DTS-X support for HW-K950!!!

Constellation

Re: DTS-X support for HW-K950!!!

DTS-X support is badly needed for this soundbar. I purchased the latest 4k releases of the new Harry Potter movies and with the exception of the Warner brothers opening music (which is in dolby atmos for some reason) the audio output from all of these films on this device is highly disappointing. Please Samsung, give us this much needed update. 

Asteroid

Agree! Support for DTS-X and LPCM 5.1 are much needed and will make the product way better. And reach more potential buyers... I got this reponse from Customer Support via email:

"We greatly appreciate your helpful feedback regarding LPCM 5.1. We will certainly consider this as your feedback since Samsung strives to help its customers and serve you better in future."

Samsung can you please confirm that a future firmware update is coming?

Cosmic Ray

I can't understand why Samsung deliberately made the choice not to support DTS:X and LPCM 5.1.

Together with eight other serious flaws (that I have counted to just by reading this forum) with HW-K950, I really don't see how anyone can recommend this soundbar. Ever.

Yes, it works well with Dolby-formats. But waiting MONTHS to get surround sound with DTS is just a big nuttkicker for many. And it's not even DTS-HD or HD MA. It's just the core DTS 5.1.

Please, Samsung.

Tell me why I should keep my HW-K950 and not return it to the store.

Tell me that you are not releasing a new, improved version in 2018 and just leave the HW-K950 in its miserable state.

Tell me that you are actually willing to do further improvements to the crackling noise from back speakers, the regular disconnects, muffled sound and bad support for DTS-formats.

Constellation

[ Edited ]

I've just found this thread too. I've bought a few 4K Blu-rays recently, and found out that the sound bar doesn't even support DTS-X.

Extremely disappointed right now. Especially since I've recently bought this sound bar.

Come on Samsung, please add support for it! I have two other friends with the same exact problem, and we're all discussing if we should return these units.

Asteroid

Like many here, I too recently laid down 1500 for a sound bar I felt (on paper) was superior to the LG’s and Sony’s -and I admit I was bit by the ATMOS bug... I ditched my trusted Onkyo 7.1 beast for this bar.

Reading the threads opened my eyes to the lack of other standards used by various media and devices -so much for my research.

Agreed .. do I return this bar (still in my return window) and just wait it out for something better, or can a firmware update move the bar to the next level with out he need of new decoding circuitry?

The marketing slick praises the Samsung sound team ... well? -what day you Samsung?

Constellation

I concur with the request for expanded dts support and support for lpcm 5.1 for the Hw k950. As it stands it is a good soundbar when  used with the limited selection of atmos content available in the marketplace. However adding the aforementioned software upgrades would push this product to the next level. I hope samsung seriously considers upgrading the software of the HW-K950 and k850. 

Constellation

I second everything that has been said in this thread. An update can't come too soon
Asteroid

Imagine the relief of a simple reply from Samsung aknowledging this and confirm the existence of a feature roadmap. If DTS-X and LPCM 5.1 is not going to happen well be honest about it then!

Cosmic Ray

[ Edited ]

Unfortunately it's common that support lacks the authority to confirm anything at all.

Or even comment on requests and speculations. I can see a fair point in many cases, but when there are so many asking for things like DTS:X, DTS-HD MA and LPCM 5.1 a copy-paste-answer won't be appreciated by the users.

Also, copy-paste only keeps degrading support in the eyes of all forum users. There are many very good people working with support, knowing things they are not allowed to tell that perhaps could ease our minds, or make us return our products for that matter.

Why not at least address the bigger issues in a general,  perhaps non-confirming way that at least tell us they are looking into it things being reported.

Constellation

I see that the avsforum dot com buyers guide with content provided by Samsung mentions DTS X now.  Hopefully this means that they will be updating it to DTS:X.

Admins, any idea?