DTS-X support for HW-K950!!!

Asteroid

Re: DTS-X support for HW-K950!!!

It does indeed! DTS:X all over the place:

http://www.avsforum.com/samsung-buyers-guide/movie-and-streaming-content-buffs/samsung-hw-k950-5-1-4...

Maybe they are going to mention something about it on CES. And not just release another top model with better support ...

Cosmic Ray

Didn't that text include DTS:X from the start? It could just be an error that they haven't corrected (let's hope not).

Constellation

No - it was just recently added to the front page of avsforum.com  This is the first I have seen mention of DTS:X and the HW-K950 provided by Samsung directly.

Since CES is this week, hopefully this is a good sign.  Not sure what else they would release for high end - the latest soundbar is a 700 series, but you never know.

Constellation

Im just wondering if there is going to be DTS X support, is K950 geting LPCM support as well?

Asteroid

Thank you Samsung dts update. Now please a dtsx update. I can understand Samsung not wanting to support Dolby vision. But as one of the few high end soundbars with rears and 4 up firing speakers it is ridiculous not to now at least support dtsx. It seems in the Samsung promoted flyer on avs fourms now mentioning dts once could be a mistake but all through the marketing description is inexcusable error on behalf of your proof reader or total deception . Especially .to buyers that are on the edge of purchasing and now will. Samsung seems very por in communicating with loyal costumes . If it's not happening just lay it on the line. What's the big deal. 

Asteroid

I just can't understand how hard it is for a company to give an official comment on things. And especially on information they have put out there themselves. 

Cosmic Ray

And if not mistaken, adding support for DTS:X will automaticly give us DTS-HD Master Audio as well? Since DTS:X is just extra metadata for the extra soundchannels?

Asteroid

I just reached out on email to the leader of the California based unit that is behind the K950. Maybe he will respond... 

Asteroid

Another request to add DTS:X support. Would make this soundbar complete for me so come on Samsung keep us Customers happy. Fingers crossed!
Constellation

The text isn't explicit enough for my liking. It says in one section "full effect of Dolby Atmos" and doesn't say DTS-X. I think its vague enough here to only infer 5.1 support on DTS-X. We really need an official response and soon. 

userA9dXJmhFWY wrote:

It does indeed! DTS:X all over the place:

http://www.avsforum.com/samsung-buyers-guide/movie-and-streaming-content-buffs/samsung-hw-k950-5-1-4...

Maybe they are going to mention something about it on CES. And not just release another top model with better support ...