DTS-X support for HW-K950!!!

Constellation

Re: DTS-X support for HW-K950!!!

DTS:X &  DTS-HD MA support would be wonderful... those are the only things I'm missing right now

Asteroid

So Samsung moderators... who can comment on the fact that you are mis-leading customers with product descriptions that are not true? 

This article states support for DTS:X - but as of now there is no such thing:

http://www.avsforum.com/samsung-buyers-guide/movie-and-streaming-content-buffs/samsung-hw-k950-5-1-4...

Constellation

I am with you. DTS:X support would make this product actually worth it's money. 

Asteroid

Fingers crossed that there will not be a "HW-K1050" or something launched in a few days during CES... 

Constellation

Hey Samsung community managers; any updates you'd like to share with us?

Is this a "might happen" or "won't happen"?
Samsung Moderator

No idea. We've forwarded the request accordingly. We won't find out until you do. 

Cosmic Ray

Appreciate the direct answer Gill.

Let's all hope that Samsung gets their heads together and actually gives the soundbar the functionality it deserves as a premium (is it, really, at this moment?) product.

Cosmic Ray

Samsung PLEASE add DTS-X support!!

Cosmic Ray

Yes please add DTX-X support, and all DTS-HD MA, etc.
Cosmic Ray

Thank you for joining the club. I know current firmwares now allow DTS 5.1 on the HW-K950, and I've verified this using blurays and DVDS on my Xbox One S connected via HDMI to the HW-K950. Samsung should have updated their manuals and product descriptions on their website, but they haven't.

There are other threads on avsforum.com where numerous individuals, including myself and requesting DTS-HD and DTX updates for the HW-K950.
To Samsung employees monitoring this blog, please keep pushing and help! There was not a replacement Samsung Atmos Soundbar revealed at CES 2018 today, I don't think, don't forget about the thousands of HW-K950 customers!

Other followers, feel free to correct me if my information is not correct.

Help us Samsung audio lab and engineers, you are our only hope!