DTS-X support for HW-K950!!!

Constellation

Re: DTS-X support for HW-K950!!!

I am really hoping also that we get DTS:X update which would be awesome! And even better would be both ATMOS and DTS:X over ARC so i could play right from my tv instead of my Xbox One S

Asteroid

Keep pushing and requesting Smiley Happy No replacement soundbar  launched at CES so hope is still there for some forthcoming firmware updates. I've even tried to reach the VP of the Samsung audio research lab in California and tweeted some other employees there Smiley Happy No response so far...

Constellation

[ Edited ]

I have been watching CES to hoping something is brought up on this topic. I also have been emailing Samsung to but i get a copy and pasted answer with no real info such a dissapointment.

Asteroid

Even a thanks for your interest would be nice bguess just shows how Samsung management thinks of its customers  

Constellation

Keeping a close eye on this forum and CES for some hopefully good news on this. 

Asteroid

Mabey they will just be introducing a rumored n950 to replace the k950
Cosmic Ray

Apparently, the N950 is not a rumour but really a new product. This German site has written about it here (Google Translated) and even shows pictures.

Let's hope Samsung doesn't put all effort into the new product but also improves on K950 with better software. 

Asteroid

I would think the software for the new soundbar would be the same or very similar to the K950 so shouldn't be a problem updating the K950 with DTS:X support. The only problem is if they want to keep exclusivity for the new soundbar as a selling point over the K950 or they might wait to update our soundbar till after the N950 comes out which means the Summer at the earliest.
Constellation

I found the acticle but it says its a prototype so maybe it wont come till 2019?

Asteroid

user7sQ7iCDsBn wrote:

I found the acticle but it says its a prototype so maybe it wont come till 2019?

At the bottom of the article it does say to be released summer 2018....unfortunately.