DTS-X support for HW-K950!!!

Constellation

Re: DTS-X support for HW-K950!!!

created a new account so that i could say that i'm a new owner of this soundbar and also would love to see dts x support.
Constellation

Thanks for pointing that out.  

Constellation

Please please please Samsung release a DTS X update for this beast of a sound bar. Nothing could touch it then, we are all waiting with baited breath. 

Asteroid

This is from another firmware thread on this forum where a user has been in contact with support:

”New Firmware coming soon if you ask Samsung support. Hope it will arrive very soon and soon not equal to Q4 2018”

Very interesting! And fingers crossed ... again.

Constellation

Yes, samsung pleace add DTS-X support for HW-K950 !!!!

Constellation

Amazing if true.

I can't wait to start watching my DTS-X movies on UHD bluray. This update is making me hold off on playing the movies I've bought :/
Samsung Moderator

We will forward your suggestion accordingly.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Asteroid

The n970 and n850 with both atmos and dtsx announced 2018 ces on avs fourm

Asteroid

I agree. I purchased this product and I would love to have the option to toggle between Dolby Atmos and DTS X
Cosmic Ray

[ Edited ]

Samsung, for those of us who purchased the K950, please don't penalize us by not giving us a firmware update with DTS-X/HD.  Samsung, you obviously are capable on the software side as it appears with the new N950, so just give us the firmware update to allow DTS-X/HD.  If we want "side speakers", we will go buy the new unit.  But those of us who have recently purchased the K950 who are satisfied with the 5.1.4 (as compared to the 7.1.4 with the new N950) setup and want to get some years of life out of the K950, please allow us to listen to DTS-X/HD sound.