DTS-X support for HW-K950!!!

Cosmic Ray

Re: DTS-X support for HW-K950!!!

Return it, IMO this bar should never have been released, but since it has, it should be recalled.

Asteroid

Thanks for the reply.

It seemed convenient. No wires, no receiver.
Disappointing really. I’ll go back to drawing board and do some more research.
I
Asteroid

Thanks.

It was demonstrated in store, dropped out twice but I put it down to their multi display setup. Should’ve scrutinised that issue in retrospect.
Asteroid

Never have had any drop outs or issues in the year I have had it it does what it was designed to do very well just missing a few good and desirable features like dtsx. 

Asteroid

Thanks, 

Its just about to be superseded by the HW-N950, will wait to see if that one is any good.

Asteroid

Cant believe Samsung ignore all faults with this soundbar.. Customer empathy zero.. 

Constellation

[ Edited ]

This is such an Apple like move, let's wait for the next model to update something that's been around for years. This honestly makes absolutely no sense coming from Samsung at least. I have been using their products for years because Apple was doing that crap. My question is why couldn't someone in the developers section create custom firmware to do this? Obviously, it's not android like with phones and there are many people doing that. Only way to get around this issue is to solve it yourself. 

Constellation

I think K950 is great soundbar and Im very satisfied customer. Most of the discussion here is written by people who are a bit too heavy users with high demands. For users who use streaming services to watch movies/series K950 is perfect, because all the big services (Netflix, Amazon, HBO) are using Dolby codecs. To being honest I think that 4k Blu-Ray and normal Blu-Ray are both dying formats. Future of movies and series surround sound is with Dolby and I think there is much room for DTS-X. At the moment Im really waiting to get Dolby Atmos support for Apple 4K tv, that is going to be a game changer. Also I need to say that K950 is very good for gaiming (At least PS4)

Constellation

Ah okay, everyone else with documented, reproducible issues (on every K950) is clearly too heavy a user for this top of the range sound bar. Smiley Surprised

Perhaps all of those people have been using the equipment incorrectly this whole time, where were you to tell them?

Constellation

The sound bar is amazing but PS can't do it justice. Has Dolby Atmos support, but only for Blu-ray. Using this one the Xbox One X is just amazing. Dolby Atmos support through out the entire system.

I've experienced a few problems with the sound bar myself, but mostly due to my little brother clicking things on the TV or sound at he doesn't understand trying to switch inputs.

My biggest problem with the soundbar is how it auto turns off when it doesn't detect sound. Using a headset in the PS4, after 5 minutes go by, the soundbar would just turn off out of nowhere.