Dolby ATMOS via ARC

SOLVED
Astronaut

Dolby ATMOS via ARC

Will there be an update 2017 QLED Q7F TVs to be able to pass the Dolby ATMOS (format/codec) via ARC to a Dolby ATMOS capable receiver in the very near feature? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Solution
Accepted by SamsungGill (Samsung Moderator)
‎10-29-2018 05:48 PM

Re: Dolby ATMOS via ARC

Regrettably, we are unable to speculate on the release of future updates. 

23 REPLIES
Samsung Moderator
Solution
Accepted by SamsungGill (Samsung Moderator)
‎10-29-2018 05:48 PM

Regrettably, we are unable to speculate on the release of future updates. 

Constellation

I just got the 2017 Q7C and I'm considering getting the new Samsung N950 soundbar when it gets released soon.  However, from what I've been reading the two aren't really compatible with each other.  It sounds like if I play ATMOS content on the TV, it isn't capable of sending that ATMOS audio to the supposedly ATMOS-compatible sound bar, correct?

From what I can tell Samsung's own ATMOS sound bars don't work properly with their own TV's.  It will only play ATMOS content that comes from external HDMI sources such as a BlueRay player.  

Am I getting this straight?  If so, no point in getting the N950 when it comes out.

Thanks,

-Brian

Constellation

I can confirm that Dolby Atmos is working through HDMI ARC with Amazon Video APP (Jack Ryan tv-show) on my Samsung UE55MU7000 + LG SJ9 SoundBar.

Unfortunately Atmos is not working on Netflix APP for our Samsung SmartTVs...

Asteroid

Its kinda rediculous that samsung tv apps are not atmos capable and we must run those same apps on an external device like an xbox one.  Any reason why netflix app for the 2018 flagship q9fn75 cannot have pass atmos via arc to the flagship N950?  

Constellation

I have been also looking for that answer on Samsung and Netflix sides from weeks,
No luck so far...
Constellation

Do you have a UHD Netflix plan that supports Atmos? are you clicking on titles that show the Atmos icon in the Netflix App?

I just picked up the Samsung UN75NU7100FXZC....

I have an Atmos soundbar (VIZIO SB36512-F6) on the way.

I'm hoping to have Atmos output from the ARC port!

I have Amazon P video, and Netflix UHD....

I'll report back with what works! here's hoping they both do.... 

Constellation

I have an q7fn qled 2018, not only the atmos but the dolby digital + is not working also through arc with my avr supports the format(pioneer sclx56)

Constellation

Have you gone into the expert audio settings? Happens to me all the time watching movies on Netflix and other such apps, the settings get changed, have to go into the settings and make sure it's set to bitstream and Dolby not stereo. I have to constantly check and change it to get Dolby or dts. Still this will not help with decoding atmos, I also have atmos capable receiver and am anxiously awaiting a software update of some kind. 

Constellation

I too have the same problem. I recently bought Q7F 2018. When I tried to search for Atmos video in Netflix I couldn't get the same. Samsung please get us the fix at the earliest.