HT-5500W Audio Sync Lag/Delay After Firmware Update (v 1023.1)

Constellation

Re: HT-5500W Audio Sync Lag/Delay After Firmware Update (v 1023.1)

I had not previously (not 5 min anyway) but just did, and the delay is still there.

Samsung Moderator

Does the delay occur on all sources? 

Constellation

No. Netflix through the smart TV itself has the lag. Live TV/Netflix through Dish Joey has the lag. Playing directly from Blu-ray or streaming Netflix through the HTS is synced up.

Samsung Moderator

Have you tried using an Optical connection to see if the symptom persists? 

Constellation

I'd rather not use optical as a solution going forward, since this setup is going to be used primarily as a home theater for watching movies (Blu-ray) with occasional tv viewing, and I want the high-res sound from HDMI.

That said, I did pull an optical cable from another soundbar, and the lag is gone with an optical connection.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator

Have you tried a different HDMI cable?

Constellation

Yes, no change from the other HDMI cable.

Constellation

Do you have any other suggestions, or is this just a software issue? I'd really like to use HDMI connection for the bump in quality, but it's unusable for anything other than video coming directly from the HTS.

Samsung Moderator

Please try a reset:

1. Power on your Home Theater system if not already on and tune your TV to the input where the it is connected. The front display will read STOP.
  2. With no disc in the system press and hold the 'STOP' button on the front panel for about 8 seconds or until 'Resetting all settings to default values...' is displayed on your TV screen as the HTS resets and powers off. The system will display this message for about 30 seconds before powering off.
Constellation

Did the reset, still have the lag present when using HDMI connection.