HW-K450/ZF goes to MUTE by itself

Astronaut

HW-K450/ZF goes to MUTE by itself

Hi everyone,

I have a Samsung Soundbar HW-K450/ZF, and it goes to mute by itself after 5 seconds playing.

I press unmute and after 5 second it goes back to mute again.

I have a LG TV connected via optical cable to Samsung Soundbar HW-K450/ZF (source D-IN).

Please help,

Thank you

45 REPLIES
Samsung Moderator

Re: HW-K450/ZF goes to MUTE by itself

Have you tried unplugging the unit for 5 minutes? Does it occur if you take the batteries out of the remote?

Astronaut

I have the same issues after having none for a year with no change to the setup. I unplugged everything for an hour and rechecked all cabling. Also moved remote away in case there was interference. Please help!

Supernova

I am sorry to hear this. Is the firmware of the unit completely up to date? 

Supernova

Just checking to see if you still need help with this issue.

Constellation

Incidentally, what is the solution. I have HW-K950 with the same problem and my sound bar is essentially an expensive piece of metal sitting there as the volume goes down to 0 by itself within seconds. And yes, before you ask I have the latest firmware update 3117 which caused all this in the first place. 

Samsung Moderator

userEnmCx7qwgj, does this occur on all sources and inputs? Does it occur if you remove the remote's batteries?

Astronaut

This is happening on our HW-k450 also. Still happens with batteries taken on, so it's not a problem with the remote control. And now the buttons on the side of the sound bar have stopped working also.

It also goes to mute on all inputs/sources

Samsung Moderator

userRibWeFoPG1 are you running software version 1005.0 on your soundbar?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Astronaut

I am having the same issue with my HW-K450 soundbar.  It began doing this on 6/17/2018...It goes to mute on all sources (USB, BT, D.IN, AUX, etc..).  I have tried updating the firmware with no success.  I removed the batteries from the remote and it did not work.  The buttons on the side of the soundbar do not seem to work anymore.  Please help.

Thanks